Notices

Sorta early for Happy Hour, but.....

Old 08-08-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Sorta early for Happy Hour, but.....

I think felly normally kicks off the Friday afternoon party, I thought I'd get it started this time. I'm a little old for partying, but it's nice to hear what everyone has planned for the weekend, and to share our musical tastes with each other.

Post a link or share a video with everyone, then tell us what you've got planned for the weekend.

I'll start with this YouTube - Godsmack - Drum battle

My GF and I are taking our kids and some friends on an inner tube trip down the Salt River on Saturday. First time I've done it sober! On Sunday I'm taking my son on a fishing trip for his 13th birthday. He'll be a terrible teen, yay!

OK, who wants to go next?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
I think felly normally kicks off the Friday afternoon party, I thought I'd get it started this time. I'm a little old for partying, but it's nice to hear what everyone has planned for the weekend, and to share our musical tastes with each other.

Post a link or share a video with everyone, then tell us what you've got planned for the weekend.

I'll start with this YouTube - Godsmack - Drum battle

My GF and I are taking our kids and some friends on an inner tube trip down the Salt River on Saturday. First time I've done it sober! On Sunday I'm taking my son on a fishing trip for his 13th birthday. He'll be a terrible teen, yay!

OK, who wants to go next?

OH MAN! I DO I DO! I used to live in Tucson I used to float the salt!

LOVED IT!!!!!!! :bounce

I WANNA GO :day4
Old 08-08-2008, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm babysitting 2 seven year old boys overnight tonight and then taking them waterparking tomorrow so please pray for me.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ew, 2 seven-year-old boys. Definitely too early in my recovery for that one! might cause me to relapse...jk! I prefer babies or older kids, seven is a crazy age for boys!
But really, they will have such a good time at the water park they might even sleep late for you the next day. Can they swim well? How'd you end up with that operation?
KJ
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm hoping to play Guitar Hero at my sister's house.
My 3 year old niece's fav song: Black Magic Woman.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGrkkg3wI_Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGrkkg3wI_Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-08-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my girlfriend's son and his friend. it's my girlfriend's bday, so it's her gift.

i decided letting him invite a friend might take some of the pressure off me to entertain - ha! i know the "other one" pretty well, so i think i know what i'm gettin' myself into.

yes, they are both good swimmers. and excellent snackers!

i only have them until 5 tomorrow. so it's 24 hours tops. what can GO WRONG!?!!?!

if anyone can think of a good song to post for this situation, feel free. all i think of is - "helter skelter"...
Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I think it sounds like fun K.
I LOVE hanging out with kids.
We seem to have the same attention span.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

As usual, I need to clean house and pay bills, go where everyone expects me to be....same old same old

Song for the weekend

YouTube - Bruised Orange - John Prine 1980 (stereo)

OK...not exactly feeling great today (and sorry..he talks too much first)
Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Ugg ananda -- you reminded me that I should go over bills this weekend.
And clean too for that matter. Thanks!

Sorry you're not having a good day. Keep yer chin up girlie.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
i only have them until 5 tomorrow. so it's 24 hours tops. what can GO WRONG!?!!?!

if anyone can think of a good song to post for this situation, feel free. all i think of is - "helter skelter"...
You have my sympathy k! What can go wrong in 24 hours? Hmmm......

YouTube - Twisted Sister--We're Not Gonna Take It Anymore
Old 08-08-2008, 10:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Going north to photograph a wedding, I have to stay overnight, I'll miss my 3 and 4 year olds, I know they'll be perfect little angels for mommy...HA!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I might be going to the San Juans this weekend, great beaches there. So, some beach boys is in order I think:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3QCZ_bv9aLc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3QCZ_bv9aLc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-08-2008, 11:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Old 08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Well//We are having a big BBQ tomorrow.
Heres the menu...Baby back ribs..BBq chicken..Homemade mac and cheese..Cole slaw..Baked beans..Shrimp cocktail...Sweet and sour meatballs...Spinch dip in a bread bowl..and other pickys...Lots of family..lots of fun. I cant wait!!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_W9kcxdPPjk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_W9kcxdPPjk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I plan on many meetings and lots of napping. The weather is supposed to suck azz here this weekend so at least I won't have to cut the grass.
I might have lunch with some girlfriends tomorrow.
Oh, and I'm going to a friend's house tonight to help her flush a bottle of benzos.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Astro, I just watched your attached video, what a great way to start the weekend I am fired up!!!

here's another good drumming vid...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKQgDY0pZ68&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKQgDY0pZ68&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Old 08-08-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Uhh I'm hoping not to go crazy this weekend let's see... to play a lot of Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis as usual... Neopets... that's about it.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

and I have no clue how to post a youtube link.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TXPFgRsVUE
I wonder if I just did it right. ...apparently I did not. darn it. can't do anything right... grumble.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I just picked up a second job as a server to help keep me away from the alcohol/party scene...and help pay off debt that's mostly a direct result of drinking. (dui, drunk shopping sprees, etc.)

SO, I'll be waitressing tonight! (well technically training as it's only my second night.) I've found the more occupied I keep myself, the better.

I'm definitely looking forward to SOME down time this weekend, though.