Notices

Sunday chat meeting, time for me to step down

Old 08-07-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Smile Sunday chat meeting, time for me to step down

Hello to everyone in recovery, and all those who frequent the chat room on SR, especially those of you who've shared their experience, strength, and hope in our Sunday afternoon open AA meetings. So many of you, let's see if I can name a few: Mattcake, Dean, Photonic, suki, felly, evan, chiynita, Paulos, butterfly, Angelina, Joe, TTOSBT, ex D-Boy, and anyone else that has taken the time to stop by and share their recovery with the rest up. I owe all of you a huge thanks for helping me stay sober every Sunday afternoon.

I've been struggling with doing this, but it's time for me to spend that time on Sunday afternoons with my children and girlfriend. I guess that's the great part of recovery, I'm really trying to make the most of our time together and I cherish every moment. So at this time I'll be stepping down as host for the meeting.

This does not mean that the meetings have to stop! In fact, I hope you continue to meet there every Sunday and discuss a topic relating to recovery. If someone would like to step in and take over as chairperson for the meeting (requirement is 6 months of sobriety) please contact me or Rowan and we'll fill you in on the details. Hosting a chat meeting is an excellent way to be of service to SR. I've been amazed at how much I've learned and how many new friends I've made as a result of being there every Sunday.

Again, many thanks to everyone who's attended the meeting and shared. You guys rock! I hope it's been a great experience all around, and I'll try to stop by and say hello in the years ahead.

I'll leave you with one of my favorites from the Big Book, from A Vision For You........

Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny.

May God bless you and keep you-until then.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hey! Bring 'em with you!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Scott,

Thank you for your service work here at SR - today and every day.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Scott, even though I'm very sad to see you step down from the Sunday evening meetings (to say the least...), I understand your need to prioritize your family. Thank you so much for your advice, patience and help. The meetings were an amazing learning experience, and your input has been invaluable to many of us. I hope you do drop by once in a while as we all really do appreciate your friendship. You'll be sorely missed. Good luck and, once again, thank you
Old 08-07-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Hey! Bring 'em with you!
They actually do come to two AA meetings with me every week suki, real troopers! And when I'm on SR at home, they've been patient supporters.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its too bad that you wont be chairing the meetings anymore but I understand wanting to spend more time with the family. The first AA meeting I ever went to was one you hosted here and I immediately liked it. Take care yourself :ghug
Old 08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hey if it were becaue we stunk or something..I would take it personal. But no better reason than that. Do your thing.
Will miss you there. Dont be a stranger tho.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I really appreciate the understanding and support from everyone on SR! And my kids and GF thank you too! :ghug
Old 08-08-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

And I appreciate the hard work you have put in here at SR. I'll miss you though.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'll still be around Mon.-Fri. on the forums suki, gotta keep up the recovery during my workday. And besides, there are so many great people like you here, I can't stay away for too long!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

OH! Well, in that case, nevermind.