Notices

nothing changes if nothing changes

Old 08-06-2008, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile nothing changes if nothing changes

This statement took me along time to get. Then one day thinking about it , it sounded like the dry drunk syndrome. We can stop drinking or drugging and not change our ways. With out changeing ourselves then nothing changes. Our attitudes and behaviors stay the same. I think that we must change to put our demons to rest.

I used to think about someone not all the time but every once in awhile, and one day strange things started to happen, it seemed that contact was trying to be made. During all this my fears have come back and I was really scared. then I would pray and say the serenity prayer everyday and still do. Then the fears and that scaredness went away. It took alot to change but with hard work it can be done. There is no longer any fear in me with this person cause I wont let it happen. I am tireed of being a victim from anybody and and myself. Then one day I was contacted by a person I havent heard from in about 12 years, it was a pleasure and I think a god sent that people are coming back in my life there is a reason for it.
I have done alot of hard work to change and still do it everyday. Not easy but wow it is worth the work. Cause never know what surprises my HP has in stored for me. I will embrace it everyday.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Your right alcohol and drugs are but the symptom. We might be able to stay clean without doing the real work but we would be so miserable what would be the point?

It's cool to see your hard work is paying off.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Life is waaaaaaaaay less miserable without adding alcohol and/or drugs.

We can agree to disagree on this point, but in my opinion a drunken miserable jerk is about 1,000 times worse than a sober miserable jerk.

No comparison at all in my opinion.

Keep coming back.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Shemp. Good insight. I'm already seeing some people come back into my life. It's a nice feeling. Like there really is a higher power or God at work in our lives.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Great post.
I believe that when you change..your behavior..thoughts..perception. Just things.
It emminates. Noone has to know what changes you are making to see there is a difference.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post Shemp