Crazy Making

Old 07-31-2008, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy Making

My Brother, The Blood of my Mother, .... I sit and try to start and all that seems to come out is why?? I found this place after the 4th break in.... it's not just the material stuff any more it's the bits of heart I can't seem to gather up and place together again... We both are older past 45 and I see no end for him.. the phone call... only if, I sometimes think... then he'd be safe... I'd cry and scream but deep down I'd thank God it was over.....
Ok I've started... man was that hard
over to you kind people.... tears are coming hands are shaking is this ever easy??

OPPS Posted belowm I am a NewBe"
Old 07-31-2008, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jlee, Welcome! I am so sorry for the pain that brought you here but very glad that you found SR. I moved your duplicate post off the other thread so you can get support and feedback here.

Please read around on the forum, there's lots of shared experiences and yes, hope. We never know when the miracle comes, but your brother has to find his way to recovery on his own. I sure wish we could love our addicts into recovery...this forum would be empty.

I found coming here to read and post and attending face to face meetings at least weekly, sometimes more often, really helped me to start working on me and taking care of what i could...me. I attend Naranon, for friends and families of addicts, but many here go to Alanon - same program really, because it is about us.

You've taken an excellent step on the road to feeling better and finding that no matter what your brother does, you can find comfort, hope and serenity. Hugs
Old 07-31-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome,

have a hug,
Live
Old 08-01-2008, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
rozied

Yes I think in a way it get easier. when you accept the hard fact that you have done all you can possibly do, and noone can change another. Then you must decide whether you can continue in the relationship. Sometimes its just too hard & painful to continue & you must walk away. That is such a personal decision & something only you can decide.
Keep coming to SR, read & post when you are moved to.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((jlee))

Hate to hear of another family affected by this awful disease - but so very glad you are reaching out for help. Please know that you are welcome and accepted here by folks who have been in similiar situations.

Together, we share our experiences, strength and hope to learn how to recovery from the way we have been affected by our loved ones addictions. Some go to face to face meetings, some just share here, we talk thru posting, emails and/or phones - we reading lots of literature, some turn to a God, Higher Power or just a natural force bigger than themselves for guidance in their lives -

We may have came here feeling like we have lost the battle but for me it was in comming here that I began to win my life back.

Prayers & good thoughts for Serenity & Joy for you,
Rita