A year and a half later..

Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A year and a half later..

I can't believe it's been this long. Been a year and a half since I posted here, crying my eyes out wondering what I should do (stay or leave my addict husband) and left my hopes with all of you at SR and ran to the computer the next morning to find such hopeful responses from shining, inspiring people.
A year and a half has been like I never expected. I never thought I would be where I am at now... happy

Life is good...

Life is free...

Life is nothing like is was a year and a half ago.

I thank everyone here, and I especially thank the forum. If it wasn't for the tremendous support I recieved during that heart renching time a year and a half ago, I would have never been able to have the opportunity to see all the vibrant colors around me.

Don't get me wrong, times truly suck now and again over here, but being able to take deep breaths and starting my life over again; making a new beginning for myself and my son is truly a place I never thought I would see amongst the darkness of pain and hurt just a short year and a half ago.

Those goals I wrote down and swore by, kept secretly tucked under my mattress served well. Truly a life saver. I created a world of wishes all my own only a week after I left AH and I have served those hopes and dreams, reading them repeatedly; never forgetting my vision of happiness. Like a giddy child, I poored out every little dream I had filling pages apon pages in a tatered book I had wanting everything from hardwood floors, a good paying job, some friends and the biggest goal was learning how to say NO! (yes, saying no was a goal and believe it or not I actually said the "N" word this week to my Mother-in-law no less!)

I still live in my mothers basement. My son is sleeping soundly just feet away from me. The smallest belongings that mean the most to me are came with me during my move from AH. A few boxes was all I could afford to bring due to the space issue, but you know those few things are my biggest fortune. Stuff is just stuff. I have what I need most right here with me. My happiness, My health, My purpose in this world.

I needed an update. I needed to vent and soar
Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing and it's great to hear you are finding peace and happiness in your life. I haven't been around SR as long, but coming from someone who is at the beginning of change, it is always inspirational to read that life can be good again.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Way to make your life all that you want it to be.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Mavis sounds like you are doing great!! Thank you for the update. I just love updates like this!!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Mavis,

Thanks for taking the time to update us. It's wonderful to hear that you're doing well. It's also really nice for newcomers to read that no situation is too difficult to be bettered and no unhappiness too great to be lessened.

Love and hugs to you and your little boy too as you continue on your healing journey.

Cats
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You sound like you are well on your way! Terrific! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Sounds like your in a good plave marvis. I wish you luck for continued happiness.....Hugs, Bonnie
Old 07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow! Thanks for sharing that! I love how you wrote out your dreams and goals...how you reached for what is possible and even though it all hasn't come true YET, you have a joyous spirit and treasure the precious life you have today. Thank you Mavis!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
krhea75

I love a happy ending, even if it's not a perfect ending.

Your strength inspires me.
krhea
Old 08-01-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
rozied

Congratulations for being at a better place. Any step in the right direction is good, even if they are baby steps.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for letting us know what is happening. Many kisses to that wee one of yours and hugs to you, too.

:ghug2