He picked up his stuff...and some rambling.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He picked up his stuff...and some rambling.

I'm exhausted after spending a day at the lake with friends. It was a good day.

When I arrived home, H's car was gone. I packed up all of his stuff in it yesterday and put the keys in the cupholder. I didn't let him know and if he tried to call, well, he found out I changed my number.

I had mixed emotions, both happy and sad. And I'm OKAY. I'm so tired of doing everything to show him much I love and support him only to be told that I'm not on his side. He's an alcoholic, and he's abusive and he doesn't see a need to change those things about himself.

And that's OKAY.

I made my choice. I'm perfectly content with my decision. I know it will hurt, and I shed a few tears packing up his stuff yesterday but I tried, and tried, and tried some more. I cannot, and will not make our children, live with the insanity anymore.

We need peace.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Don't be surprised if you get hit with some pretty strong emotions. It's a loss, the death of the dream. It's easier if you're able to work thru those feelings.

Do something extra nice for yourself and kids this week!

Hugs
Cats
Old 07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

heya sunflower---
((hugs)))
And you and your children deserve peace! And YOU are making it happen...in spite of how sad and hard change can be.

Good for you-
Peace,
B.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by sunflowerintx View Post
I made my choice. I'm perfectly content with my decision. I know it will hurt, and I shed a few tears packing up his stuff yesterday but I tried, and tried, and tried some more. I cannot, and will not make our children, live with the insanity anymore.

We need peace.
Good job, I was paralized with fear, thankfully my higher power did for me what I was unable to do for myself.

You should be very proud of the type of woman you are and the strenght you are modeling for your kids.

God Bless us all
Coyote21
Old 07-27-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It took great strength to do the right thing. Congratulations on the first step to a better life for you and your children. If he doesn't want to change you cannot make him. Stay strong. Beware of false promises of change to get you back. I am an alcoholic and my advice (unsolicited) is if you wanted him back, he would need to change first then consider from there.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope you find the serenity you're looking for, sunflower. Time to put all that effort into making yourself & your kids happy, rather than using it to support someone else.

Hugs,
GL
Old 07-27-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WOW - good for you! In the beginning I could hardly register all that was happening. My true emotions hit me later when I finally had some peace of mind that I wasn't on the merry-go-round anymore. Thanks for sharing your story of strength!