If you are struggling with RX costs.....

Old 07-26-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If you are struggling with RX costs.....

pparx really works!!! My daughter received a free year of her Singulair today. At a cost of over $100 a month it really will help. You need to fill out some paperwork and so does your doctor and it takes about a month to get the prescriptions but it is worth your time to check it out. Hugs, Marle

p.s. A big thank-you to Miss Done who originally steered me to their website
Old 07-26-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Marle,

Thank you for bringing this to the forefront again and thank you to donewith it.

Please forgive my ignorance, Marle. Our daughters are the same age/same DOC and I think both are living at home. Do these programs count family income/worth ( like schools do) or limit it to the adult child making the application?
Old 07-26-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
Marle,

Thank you for bringing this to the forefront again and thank you to donewith it.

Please forgive my ignorance, Marle. Our daughters are the same age/same DOC and I think both are living at home. Do these programs count family income/worth ( like schools do) or limit it to the adult child making the application?
It depends on if you claim her or not (I believe) but, she also has to fill out
"How Much" rent she pays etc...
Even if she does not pay rent, you can put that she does, I'm not one to lie,
but to get the prescribed medication I need... I would do what I need to do.

But I think if you do not claim her and she is not making a ton of money she should not have a problem....

If you don't get help the first time, there are many other ways to get the meds you / she needs.
off hand I know, ihatemylife.com is helpful and check out the sticky in mental health, lots of resources......

Yea! Marle I'm really happy for her!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Megan used our address but she put down 1 for how many people are living there. We can't take her as a deduction and she has no income. She is still living at the halfway house so I see it as a technicality. If we could still claim her and her expenses then she would probably still be in college and covered under out insurance and her RX's would be paid for. She will be applying for help with her Seroquel and her Symbicort so that is another form which you need a W-2 for. She does not have one and so needs to contact the number on the form to find out what she should do. Hopefully she will have at least a part-time job by then and will be able to send a paycheck stub or something. Since my husband has been off from work since last August and our income has been cut by 1/2 I would think she would still qualify. They have income limits on the forms and for 3 people it is less than $50,000 a year. We are currently not making that. And her prescriptions including the suboxone would cost us almost $700 a month. Can't do it without giving up the basics like food. Hope that helps. Hugs, Marle