Notices

Inner Peace

Old 07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
believer

Inner Peace

I'm not going anywhere, not now.

I've spent the last week trying to decide if was moving to Munich or Dresden. I was hopeless and living in a hell on earth. I packed my bags, and watched them look at me all this time. I looked at my life and everything pointed to finding peace inside in a place outside. But that's not true.

I started thinking about my last months. I've been in situations where i thought i had dramatically changed. Situations i've seen many people in. But what happened with me was that i grew into a man, but the most important that had to stay stayed. My character. It never faded. And i know many people in this situation would have lost it or showed it. I am proud today, because that's why i still lift my head high, even when people point or comment. This is my time to celebrate me, something i never did before. I am proud because i have something you can't buy, i follow something, my beliefs. Even if they change, even if my faith changed, even if Jesus became a brother to Buda, even if loving a guy became as good and great as loving a girl, even with all the misinterpretations by some of my lifestyle. I don't have to fit anywhere, because i will never. I've stopped worrying about society steel rules a long time ago, i started doing everything that made me free as long as it did not take someone else's freedom in my view.

Wherever i go it's my choice to let something mess with my energy. Yesterday i read a book that said; " there's not a thing that says you can't stay at peace with yourself through out a day". We already have the most valuable thing since birth, our spirit is power.

A friend of mine, one of my best friends, told me so many times: " Nuno you're not happy because you don't want to". She was right. She said:" you just have to make that decision, to take care of yourself."

And today i started thinking. Self destruction in me had many facets. There are many ways to kill yourself slowly. And that's why i felt like i was dying, because i was killing myself slowly, even if there wasn't a percussive action. My spirit was dying and weakening.

It was until i had a survival issue that i realized you survive because there's an instinct for you to save yourself. So why keep pretending? Why keep feeling like your anxiety is eating your life away if it's in you to stop it? You can actually choose to let pain kill you or build you.

I'm staying. And i'm the center of my life. And my harmony. I've attracted many problems and people to my life, but as soon as i feng shui them, things will get into track...it's just a matter of the universe rearranging...And in the process i just have to remember to remember me first.

I'm staying....it's my house...bam!
Old 07-25-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post Nuno - and spot on!

:ghug3

D
Old 07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well said, and well done. Love you Nuno, Jomey
Old 07-25-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

....Yes! harmony and peace ...
and for me...it's a daily attainable oal.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

:ghug3

That's wonderful Nuno!

I think it really helps to have some perspective, as you do in this situation. And, you have lots of really good people in your life, and they are there for a reason.

The peace is there, Nuno!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Whenever I moved anywhere I seemed to have packed up all of my problems, defects, and shortcomings, and sent them on ahead.

They were all right there waiting for me when I arrived.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 07-26-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Nuno

Lovely post and good inspiration. Print it out and put it next to your mirror. When you look into it see yourself as a beautiful happy person and re-read your own words. Gather strength in knowing that you know what to do already.