The morning after

Old 07-25-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The morning after

I was hoping to bring you all some good news and tell you that he leaped out of bed this morning with the great intention of following through what he promised me last night, and that was to seek help today from his Doctor. But instead he tells me that he feels better and dosnt feel the need to seek the help he needs.
Im sorry to say that I lost it, and told him that I dont want any more alcohol in my home and if he dosnt get some help I dont wish to have any more to do with him. Im sure you know what he said next.. out came the promises of he will get the help when he feels he needs it but at the moment he is having what he calls a good day.
Im angry and hurt and just dont know what to do. I went to my doctors this morning hoping I could talk to him about getting me some help through this but my partner came with me and I couldnt talk, I just wanted to blurt it all out but I didnt want a scene or face the consequences of MY actions and Im just far too tired after having a sleepless night, im drained not only am I fighting him but im also fighting an infection and I really need to rely on him at the moment.
What is the lesser of the two evils here?? watch him drink and 'put up with his depressive ways' or kick him out and suffer on my own and struggle. I know I cant keep putting it off but Im at a loss here now. He does help me, not alot but having my illness I am having to rely on his help.
Im just finding it hard to even find the right words to put as my head is so muddled. I feel like giving up and just letting him get on with it.. sorry im talking jibberish now
Old 07-25-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gynah,

I know how you feel. The problem with this behavior is that it gets worse and worse over time. Check out some of my other posts, and other peoples posts. At one point or another you're gonna get hurt emotionally or physically. Try and get well, read the co-dependence books, and protect yourself. <<HUGS>> we're all rooting for you.