Notices

20 Weeks pregnant and down.!!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question 20 Weeks pregnant and down.!!

Hiya i dont know if iv came to the right place or not but i really do need advice. Iv been in a relationship with my boyfriend now for 7months, im also 20weeks pregnant, My boyfriend is an alcoholic and he keeps telling me he aint and he dont see his problem. Im finding it hard to stick around with him cause its getting me down and if he dont have money to buy alcohol he asks me for the money and i know i shouldnt give him it but he kicks off with me if i dont give it him. Im so scared for my baby what our life is going to be like. He has no respect for me and not long ago he threw a table at me while i was pregnant because he dint have any cigs or alcohol. Iv came away to visit family to take time out and have a break and iv been ringing and tx'in him. The first thing he did when i left yesterday was go straight to the pub, then when he got home he went to his local with his brother, i spoke to him this morning and he was so drunk he couldnt talk to me. Im 21 and his 37, he also likes to have drugs too and when he takes drugs he drinks more. He can open a can as early as 6am and drink throught the whole day.

Thanks Charlie
Old 07-24-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Charlie, do you love your self and your unborn child more then him?

I do not know if he is an alcoholic or not, but if he is choosing to stay drunk and to abuse you over being sober and treating you right then he is one of 2 things:

1. He is an alcoholic jerk.

2. He is a jerk.

If he is an alcoholic as long as he contiues to drink his alcoholism will get worse, NEVER better.

If he is physically and verbally abusive of you now, this will never get better either, it will always get worse.

Now this is nothing but my opinion, but for your own sake and the sake of your unborn child it may be time to move on, you only have 7 months tied up with this guy, why give him the opportunty to hurt you or your child?

There is another forum here called "Freinds and Family", you can get a lot of advice from the folks there.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been in a relationship similiar to yours. My long-ago ex bf was also alcoholic and would abuse me, physically and emotionally. I finally got up the courage to break up with him. If I were in your shoes I would run, not walk, to the nearest battered womens' shelter.

Abusers rarely stop abusing on their own. The fact that your bf threw a table at you cause he didn't have cigs or alcohol, tells me that you and your baby are in for a rough ride. Do you really want to raise a child in an abusive home? Children who grow up in abusive homes come to think that it is normal and that violence is a way to solve problems.

You will not be able to make him stop drinking/drugging. I don't know what kind of future you will have with someone who puts his desires ahead of a pregnant woman's well being. But I don't see much good in it.

Please do whatever it takes to keep you and your unborn baby well and safe.

:ghug3
Old 07-24-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

WELCOME to Sober Recovery! You have found a great place, with lots of experience, strength and hope (ES&H) from folks who have been where you are now, or are where you are now.

Please check out our Friends and Family of Alcoholics Forum:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ly-alcoholics/

Some pretty smart folks there!!!!!

I know you don't want to hear what I am about to say, but please think about your child. This man threw a table at you. Do you really want someone like that in your child's life? What he is doing is DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

I know they have DV shelters in England, but do not know if they are called that or just called a Woman's Shelter. If you have no where to go, I would suggest calling them immediately and removing yourself from the situation as it now stands, for the protection of you and your child.

Alcoholism progresses and the behaviors get WORSE never better.

I would also suggest you find some Alanon meetings and start attending. Alanon is for YOU. Alanon will help you learn how to set boundaries and stick to the consequences you set for those boundaries.

Alanon will also help you ENGRAVE the 3 C's on your heart:

You didn't CAUSE it,

You can't CONTROL it, and

You can't CURE it.

There are no guarantees with an alcoholic, and you have to sit down, do some writing, to see if you really want to spend the next 5, 10, 15, or 20 years in this same drama. This is one thing that Alcoholics have to do for themselves. You cannot help him.

Please check out the Friends and Family forum, and Alanon. Please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing, we do care very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 07-24-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Charlie, please get out. Violence of any kind is NOT acceptable.

There are women's shelters everywhere. Just look in your phone book or online in your area and make a call and get out.

Please take care of your unborn child and yourself.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Charlie - Please seek help and leave the relationship. I will be praying for you hon.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Char87,

Run and don't look back. Anyone who would throw something at a pregnant woman is a dangerous person, you need think of your child and remove this man from your life.

God Bless You,

John