Notices

I want more

Old 07-23-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want more

Being an addict that feeling of always wanting more. I am sober today and it is great, but I really want more of the ggod things to happen in my life. Yes they are comeing in time but my patience is being tested. I have been taught that all good things come in time, but i want them now. i have seen alot of them come but to me it is taken to long, I want it now. My sponsor says that I cant rush it or set my self up for a relapse cause I want it now. it is a had feeling to get rid of, when I was useing the satisfaction came right away, through chemical dependency. That dependency is not something I want back,I have worked to hard to get here and I want to stay sober and enjoy everyminute of that.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Me too.

More, more, more... of whatever 'it' is.... I want MORE.

No kidding - when I find something I like it can become an absolute full-out obsession. I LOVE recovery and I'm feeding that healthy obsession with as much as I can get.

Best of luck in your program...!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I third that! More More More. I've been giving myself what I call "Quick Fixes" I put a new paver floor under the kids playhouse (This would have taken at least a six-pack back in the day) I also rode my bike to and from work yesterday, then kayaked 4 miles on Lake Minnetonka (Minnesota, everything has a funny indian name)..

Heavy
Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can totally relate with wanting more with my recovery. If anyone has the secret remedy for patience please let us know.. I guess people will say it comes with time. I want to finish my reading my sponsor gave me now.

But she said to take my time so I am and it is not easy. So I set a limit on how much I will read today. I know I need to set limits for myself. If it was up to me I would have done all 12 steps by now and gotten nothing out of them and like your sponsor said set my setup for another drink. So I can see where you are coming from...
Old 07-23-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Many of us want more or want it all and we want it now. Practicing gratitude really helps me. Something as simple as a gratitude list. Try starting your own "Gratitude" thread and post on it daily.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
where the light is

Habit of Success

This was posted on SR in April 2007 by "Ann" (thanks). I printed it out and tacked it on the wall above my computer. It's still there .

Habit of Success

What you do consistently and repeatedly grows stronger. And that provides you with nearly unlimited opportunity.

Success is not a secret that is hidden from you. Success is a habit that is readily available to you.

Life is made up of moment after moment. Point all those moments in the same direction, and truly magnificent achievements will come about.

There are very few things of value that you can create instantly. Yet when you expand your horizon to a few weeks or months, the possibilities for achievement increase dramatically.

The hours and the days will pass whether you make use of them or not. Choose to focus your energy in a specific direction, again and again, and put the power of time to work for you.

Keep your thoughts, your words and your actions pointed in the direction you would most like to go. Develop the habit of success, and with it you can create whatever you choose.

Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Time2Surrender I do not feel I have anything to be grateful for.