I Feel At A Comfortable Place Today

Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied

I Feel At A Comfortable Place Today

Just for today I feel comfortable with my decisions regarding my AS. I did agree to let my dad go get his stuff. I know my AS does not deserve it. His bag that he left is not there anymore. So noone could go get it.
His biological father that I left when he was 10 came back into our lives after almost 30yrs. He is leaning on him about hiring a lawyer to try & get his charge reduced. I think he was in wk release not 10days before he got himself into trouble. I told my ex we are DONE hiring lawyers. This is 7 yrs of Hell & financially we are done. My AS from what he says to my ex still thinks my parents will go against me to give him what he wants. I speak to them everyday & I surely believe they are done also. Finally after too many yrs a united front.
I wrote & told Joey exactely that. What we will do & what we won't. You know he sold the tv my mom bought him & I don't think he even got the money. Now my ex is telling me he says he needs 100 bucks for another. What nerve
Let him learn to get along & watch the tv that is in the common room.
I am done.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Addicts often find people to take over where we left off, but we don't have to own any part of that behaviour.

You did a good thing to inform you ex of how things have been and why you and your folks are stepping back...if he doesn't want to learn from this, he'll just have to learn the hard way,

Hugs to you, Rozied, this has been a long road for you and I'm glad that you are at a good place today with it all.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanx Ann, You know I have you & your son in my prayers. It is so easy to see once you see it. You don't have to let anyone take advantage of you even if it is your own children doing it to you.
As has been said here they are master manipulators & use every emotion in the book to get to you but NOONE can change the truth.
Thanx again for your input,
Love,
Diane
Old 07-23-2008, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rozied,
I'm proud of you for letting your ex what you will and will not do. Your son is safe, being fed and can watch or listen to someone else's tv if he wants. Let his dad buy him one if he is so concerned. You did your part for the last 7 years, more than enough. There is no law that says we have to give our kids whatever they want, even if they think we have to.
I'm glad your parents are still saying no, that is a big step for them.
Keeping all of you in my prayers.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanks Pam, I hope things are going well for u & u r ok too.
Take good care,
Diane
Old 07-23-2008, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your ex will learn...just like you and your parent did...it wont take long...Im glad you are feeling good about your decision. Your son will get it or not, but you are ok today...isn't that a nice feeling...
Old 07-23-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so happy that your parents finally see the light also. Maybe a United Front will work much better. You have been fighting with this for awhile. And now your ex comes to town????I agree let him buy his son a tv if that is what he wants to do. Lessons learned.
Like Patchoulli it sounds like your in a better place and that is what is a happy moment here....Prayers for you and (((HUGS))))
Old 07-23-2008, 06:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I found comfort in the fact that my kid wasn't homelss, when he would bounce to his Dads. That time spent away I think allowed me to ease into the idea of setting down much firmer boundaries.
In time, his Dad started seeing through the BS, and becgan to crack down as well.
Your recovery is shining (((Rozied)))
Hugs