What does this mean?

Old 07-21-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy What does this mean?

I received a notice from child welfare services today that stated that they have located the address of my AD. Since I am receiving help with the two grandkids they went after AD and ABF for repayment. When I called their office and questioned them, they said they were not permitted to give out that information (the address) . But since she and ABF are both have warrents on them I wonder if police have found them. If CWS have found them then surely police have too. But I cannot find out any info. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

No, I'm sorry painter. But I imagine you are right that if CWS has the info, the police would too. Just sending some hugs to you and the little ones.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Painter))

I don't have any experience with this, either. I do know, though, that with most police depts. they are so overwhelmed with warrants and things, that it may take a while to actually go after someone. Most people with warrants aren't actually picked up until they do something else wrong...usually a minor traffic ticket. I had a warrant on me, and the cops KNEW me, by name, but I didn't get picked up until I was caught walking out of an empty apt. and they ran my name. The local cops don't know who has a warrant unless it's something BIG like armed robbery, murder.

Sending you big hugs and prayers...I know this is hard on you.

Amy
Old 07-22-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know that its not necessarily so that govt agencies share any info with each other. And they are all pretty nuts when it comes to maintaining privacy. I still can't get my X-husband's social security # from probation/child support division - even though I was the one who gave it to them in the first place (then lost it). Nor will they give me his address to take him to court myself. so I'm not surprised.

I also know that addresses and whereabouts are not necessarily even shared between police departments in different counties. Amy is right. If they are living in a big, bad city, the cops may just laugh off the warrants even if they are for felonies (they cops in Newark had zero interest in serving my AD with warrants obtained in another county, and the cops from the other county had zero interest in traveling to Newark themselves to serve the warrants!) - and her warrants are still outstanding - and I"ve given up on forcing that one....)
Doubt that welfare will have any luck in collecting child support either. For that, you need someone with a regular job. Addicts don't usually have those.
sorry to be so negative, but I'm incredibly cynical when it comes to government agencies, and people doing their jobs correctly, or giving a darn, or justice.... Oh, well - I prob'ly just need to get some sleep!

At least you know she's alive, and I know for me that was always a relief.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah, Sleepgoat. I know just what you mean. I have never had contact with government before getting kids. But I am really getting an education now. When I went to junivile court the head of the dept. was rude and discusting. Big fat slob, food all over his desk and was condensenting. His secretary was on a personal call the whole time I was there. So much for my tax money!!! Since receiving help for day care I have received at least two letters a DAY from them. What a waste of time and energy. Most of them are useless. But no one can go after the criminal. This world has gone insane.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What assistance are you receiving? Is it Child Support? You are entitled to receive support.

The letters you received what Agency were they from?

"They" went after AD and ABF for repayment, is this repayment for TANF money received and/or Child Support?

Depending on who you talked to (office) you may be able to get their addresses. This will depend on if you filed for child support.

All states are required to share information. This includes intra/interstate. So it's pretty safe to say that if your local Welfare office has the address information then at least the state Department of Public Safety (DPS) has it.

Let me know, I may be able to assist.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sleepygoat, I can understand your frustration and I understand the perception that many folks hold towards goverment and their employees. Believe me the people who work within these institutions are just as frustrated. I worked for the State 31 years! However, one must know how to navigate the system, and when it comes to the Child Support division process......I know what they can and cannot do. So if I can ever help you with a problem let me know.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Painter, I have some information for you but was unable to respond to your msg. You can email me @.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Painter, I am sorry your having so many problems with the Gov. But as you can see it is expected. It is amazing anyone gets help but now we just accept it. If you happen to ahve a friend that is a policeman you can ask them to run a check for you or maybe you know someone who might be friends with a cop to do that for you. I am not sure if you went down there to the station and asked if they would do that? I would ask for ya but I am in Fl would do ya no good.Sorry