Notices

Why is 17 harder than 10? or 7? or even 3?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Why is 17 harder than 10? or 7? or even 3?

So here I sit a basket case on day 17, I've been around the boards for almost 3 weeks, I got the kid off to camp, safe & sound on sunday.
I've thrown out all the booze in the house, save for the Sarris icecream in the freezer that has chocolate liqour listed in the ingredients & belongs to my husband. wouldn't eat it is double chocolate almond..I'm a vanilla girl myself..stupid icecream flavor chocolate.. oh thats so btchy.

I'm trying to take it easy on myself, taking walks, going to church, therapist, you name it...and yet tonight at 9pm, I'm climbing the walls. or should I say they are closing in. wtf..

I felt better yesterday, in the past few days, not as many headaches, ect...but right now I"m agitated, my head is killing, belly is doing flip/flops......dang it..I should be relaxing enjoying the kids off to camp free zone....I don't even like this stupid cat who has tried to snuggle up next to me!!!! shiggers..I think I'm angry and irritated!

Old 07-21-2008, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

This too shall pass.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you in AA? If so call someone....anyone. If not post here, we are here for you.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sooze
I think I'm angry and irritated!
are ya cogitated, and agitated ta boot?

remember, its all just temoporary!

let us know how tomorrow is sooze!

good wishes

rz
Old 07-21-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's normal unfortunately Suzi...we seems to coast along great and then BAM...I guess if it was easy we'd all not be here LOL

but you can get through it...you know what you're doing this for - focus on that. Keep posting, and don't give in...17 days is great.

The good thing is it really does get easier

D

ps btw I'm stealing shiggers...great word
Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had lots of anxiety in early sobriety, lots of it. And, it does eventually ease up as you get more confidence in yourself and your sobriety.

Hang in there!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Been there done that. Dont want to do it again. It will pass. The promises do come true. Hang in there.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there suzi.....it'll be worth it

recommendations:

Long hot bath with candles and bubbles and sented soap

sitting outside on your porch anda breathing in the fresh air

drive to the lake and watch the waves roll in

read a good book

and of course post on sr.:ghug
Old 07-21-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I know what you mean about being "in a mood" as my feelings are bouncing all over the place. I can't keep up, and if I 'catch up' to them I'm not sure I want to be that close to such feelings.

I too have been told, and believe, that this too shall pass. We just don't know the time at which they will pass. We just have to remember we can't control events, only our reactions to them.

Would a big snuggly hug help?:ghug3

Here, save one for later!:ghug3
Old 07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys,

I told myself,Self, GO take a hot bubble bath, paint your toenails, & make a cup of non-caf tea, I'd feel better & then I could come back to read all the good advice if I didn't feel better.....

I feel cleaner, my toes arn't so stinky, the tea is tasty, but I'm still bouncy & not in a good way, but I'm hanging. its almost bedtime in this part of the woods, so I'll live clean another day.

My method is church & therapy. I'm still thinking about AA, I've been reading up on it, but I'm a bit afraid of being "outed" is that possible? I'm a professional Nanny, and live in a small very gossipy community..can anyone relate? ugh....

well I'm here, & I'm grateful..
thanks to all on SR!!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Suzisharpshoote View Post
iI'm still thinking about AA, I've been reading up on it, but I'm a bit afraid of being "outed" is that possible? I'm a professional Nanny, and live in a small very gossipy community..can anyone relate?
Pittsburgh PA is not a small place.

In terms of being "outed", I have never seen this happen. The people in AA are all there for the same reason - they are drunks. I have told a few people I work with about joining AA and my sobriety, and the response was quite positive.

Even if the worst happens and you get outed, so what? We are talking about your life here.

At least give it a try, and let us know how it goes.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I thought the same thing about being "outed"...then I remembered that THEY are there, too! And if "they" are there, that means they are alcoholics, too! Plus, it's not like anyone even knows what most of these places are, as they drive past. It's not like there's a big "AA" sign outside the door, right? And the people in the meetings certainly aren't going to look down on you....heck, they're there, too, right?!

I was beyond surprised at how normal everyone looked. The women there I would never have suspected as being alcoholics. Haha...which is the same for me, obviously, as no-one knew about me, either!

Try it out...you might be surprised at how calm you feel upon leaving a meeting...I know I have....