Accupunture anyone?

Old 07-20-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hurt again

Accupunture anyone?

So as I said a few days ago my AH's anxiety has worsened severely a couple of weeks ago. His Dr. then upped his dosage of Depakote to 1000mg for his anxiety and now he is a zombie. I think these meds are helping his anxiery but making his depression worse. I have always wanted him to try accupunture for his back pain and now am wondering about it for his anxiety or even alcoholism? Has anyone heard any stories on it working. I am all for the natural way rather than him being pumped full of these drugs which turn him into a blob. The only good thing is that he has not "been feeling well" which in turn he has not drank in several days.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My friend actually tried acupuncture for his alcoholic cravings, anxiety and insomnia. It was effective to an extent. I have also read and heard of stories where acupuncture and other forms of alternative treatment were extremely effective.

However, as far as I can tell, for acupuncture or any such "treatment" for alcoholism to be truly successful, it must be accompanied by the strong will and desire to stop drinking altogether. Without 100% committment, there's no way.

Do your checks with the appropriate professionals though for the medical details and implications.