Notices

Need something

Old 07-19-2008, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

Need something

Hey all I was just wondering I drink alot i guess im more of a binge drinker
I went al most 2 days without and had no with drawls. I know thatrobably doesnt mean anything one of the foremost things i dont stop drinking is because i don't know if i will have w/drawls what if i do im not in the position to call anybody i would feel stupid if anything did happen what do i do how and when and can i start?!?!?!:wtf2
Old 07-19-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Keep coming back.

Read what people have to share.

See if you notice anything familiar.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Like tommy said, use any support you got and if this site helps you, then keep using it. I find if I'm at all having any thoughts or urges I check out this site and read stories of people who are struggling and people who have overcome their addictions and it helps remind myself why these thoughts need to pass as soon as they come. Stay strong 2 days is great!

Bruce
Old 07-19-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's always a good idea to check with your dr before stopping drinking.

There is lots of support and information here, so keep posting.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Make it through today.

You say you need something. Can you say what it is? Medidcal help? To get out?

Don't be imbarrassed to ask for help. Do whatever it takes to save your own life.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HI there.....I'm a binge drinker, too. I could go two or three days without starting to think about drinking...then I'd drink a LOT. I found that I don't really experience as much withdrawal as the daily drinkers, probably 'cause I had days inbetween. I have felt sleepy this week (on Day 7) and had a mild headache. The only other time I did this I was drinking almost daily and then I had sleepiness/headache/shaky hands. The others are right that you should check in with your doctor....always a good idea.

The only way to start stopping is to just do it. And you have!!! Best step to make is to keep coming back on here and reading/posting as much as you can. These people have helped me get to day 7 pretty easily. I"ve almost slipped a few times, but posted here first and they carried me through.

You CAN do this!! And in a few days you'll feel soooo much better and proud!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SilentEyes View Post
Hey all I was just wondering I drink alot i guess im more of a binge drinker
I went al most 2 days without and had no with drawls. I know thatrobably doesnt mean anything one of the foremost things i dont stop drinking is because i don't know if i will have w/drawls what if i do im not in the position to call anybody i would feel stupid if anything did happen what do i do how and when and can i start?!?!?!:wtf2
It sounds as if something has happened that has caused you to assess your drinking habits and possibly quit. You stated you are a binge drinker but a DUI or divorce is just as troublesome for bingers.Two days sober is a great start, but that is normal after a binge. Ask around for a clinic with a sliding scale fee set up. The one I go to requires me to bring my paycheck stubs and then determines whether I pay 25, 50 75 or 100% of the cost. Ask for a NP as they are less expensive than Dr.s and can get you off to a positive start. Share your observations and concerns. Ask about Antabuse for a one month trial to get your head clear and see whether your life is better without alcohol. See if you are able to get a FEW benzodiazepines (maybe 6 or 8) to help smooth the bumps of withdrawal. If your stomach is in working order, start eating a more nutritious diet and add vitamins-especially vit B. Then at the end of the month, see what you think is the best decision for your future. Welcome and keep posting.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
broken wings

Thanks everybody for responding!!! I'm not sure what is is i need im sure alot of things.I think i keep telling myself im a bad person and im not worth anything to justify my self destruction and the breaking down of my soul i so happily participated in.I think i want to believe it sometimes, thinking maybe the things im suffering from are deserved and have a purpose.I guess im lucky enough not to belive those things most of the time,but the few times i do (probably more than i think) Just tear me down so quick and it seems not always worth it to build back up.But i'm slowly realizing im every bit worth it and then some.I just need to figure out where im at.I just need learn to be ok with the past and find a way to join the here and now and not let the past hinder my true self and dignity. I guess thats all for now glad to get stuff out.Today is another day
Old 07-20-2008, 03:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I've noticed many people find their self confidence
gets stronger the longer they stay sober.

Alcohol magnifies all our bad feelings about ourselves.

Congratulations on your sober time...