my STBXAW brought my Codependent No More on CD

Old 07-15-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fff

my STBXAW brought my Codependent No More on CD

Nice, right? She read it in jail. I told her that I had already read it. I told her how I checked it out from the library, flagged all the pages that I would have highlighted, then photocopied those pages.
"Just listen to it!" She insisted.
Indeed, I was afraid to "say no" because I didn't want to start a confrontation or make her upset =|.
Now I feel obligated to listen to it even though I like to listen to music in the car (I pay for satellite radio).
However, she was just trying to do something nice.
Maybe I should listen to it after all--I might catch something I missed the first time.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Actually I find it really interesting that she read it and feels that you would benefit from it. It must have hit a chord with her in some way. Listen or don't.....it's really your choice. She can't make you do anything. But it still baffles me that an A would encourage you to listen to it. She's trying to fix you......has she done or is she doing anything to fix herself? Is she trying to STBX out from in front of the AW? Interesting.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Listen if you want, don't if you don't want. It was a nice gift, whatever her motiviation. And like all nice gifts, its up to you whether to use it or not.

Personally, I find the books I've been reading merit re-reading over time. Each time I look, I learn more. Sometimes part of the reason is being ready now for self knowledge I wasn't ready for before. Most of the books I've been reading I could not absorb in one reading.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
fff

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
She's trying to fix you......has she done or is she doing anything to fix herself? Is she trying to STBX out from in front of the AW? Interesting.
She is a total fixer. She wants to "fix it now." She tried to fix me the whole time we were married. Yeah, she is in AA and goes to therapy a couple times a week, in addition to family therapy with me every other week, which we just started. She totally is trying to STBX out from in front of the AW. That, however, might be impossible for her to fix, because she was so verbally and physically abusive that I can't ever have that kind of relationship with her ever again. She has also been asking me repeatedly to remove the protective order on her. However, the more she tries to persuade me to get back together, the more I'm glad it's there.
Anyway, I have been listening to it and picking up on some good stuff.