Notices

WHAT do I do???

Old 07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

Red face WHAT do I do???

hey everyone just nid someone to talkto I've been here since late last month
I just came as an observer now im a participant=) I've lived in nevada my whole life love it!! Anyway i found a treatment place i think i can succeed at,the ocean warm breeze and all. I feel a connection with the ocean i feel it would do me good . all these places sound so great until you figure out what it costs.I know its worth all the money in the world but im 23 recently and unemployed plus i live with my dad still and he does not know the extent to which i driink. I would be so grateful to go but i need to figure out how i can go with out letting my dad know.........i think the cost part i could just get a credit card and charge the 11,000+ a month and pay it off down the road .as far as i know i have good credit i have a new vehicle in my name -gmac credit i think so i should have my base covered there Anyonehave any opinions advice please all welcome I need guidance or help or just ears all appreciated

much love steph:wtf2
Old 07-14-2008, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sct

AA and NA meetings are free... I know they worked for me, when rehab didn't. (You'd think I was a stubborn addict or something.)

Also... we're never as good at hiding as we think we are. NA is founded on the principles of Honesty, Openmindedness, and Willingness. Getting honest is one of the first and best things I've been learning to do.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try an AA meeting first and collect phone numbers and call them before you drink. If that doesn't work, then you can check into going to an inpatient treatment center.

But if you don't think that you can stop without being admitted to inpatient treatment, then call around and see if your state has a treatment center that is state funded that may be cheaper or may let you go for free (it depends on the place). No matter what, don't give up hope.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree AA is free and it is what sobered me up. I would not spend 11k on this unless I tried something else first. Also by the way, most of these types of treatment places are nothing more than a comfortable place to sober up, with mandatory AA meetings during and strongly suggested AA meetings afterwards.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've been taking a new girl to meetings. She spent 3 months in a treatment centre, and started drinking on Sunday. This was her fourth time at treatment.
I went to treatment myself when I relapsed after two years, and it was an okay experience, but it wasn't a magic cure, that's for certain.
11 grand a is lot of money - I would look in all my options (as suggested, meetings are free) before forking over that much dough.
Hope this helps - let us know what you decide.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Silenteyes I am going to let you in on a secret about treatment centers, they are not a cure for alcoholism or drug addicition!!!!

Treatment centers are simply an emergency room that gets the alcoholic/drug addict straight enough to where they can begin a long term recovery program when one gets out with a mind clear enough to understand they need a long term recovery program.

I would strongly suggest you try a long term recovery program first and if that does not do the trick then go for the rehab and then get back into the long term recovery program.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
broken wings

Thanks everyone I was kinda freakin out yesterday.I do know a treatment center is not a cure. I have been against aa for as long as i've known about it but i've come to realize there is no reason why im against them. Thank you guys for the advice=) I guess I have a lot more to think about. Maybe i should just go spend some time on the coast it would be cheaper and probably alot more relaxing=) I think I just need to get away and I figured I needed an excuse to do that not realizing I can be the excuse. I don't know now im just rambling.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I pray you find whatever will work for you to stay clean and sober. Just take it one day at a time. And if you get lonely or frustrated, come here and let your feelings out instead of picking up. You can do it!

:ghug