Goodbye Again!

Old 07-11-2003, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Goodbye Again!

Just wanted to tell everyone to have a great weekend....I am LEAVING AGAIN. I'm taking the kids to my dads a couple of days and then my moms on Sunday. I am nervous about the trip.....haven't been to dads in a lOOOOONG time. I know that y'all mostly hear about my husband, but I know I have mentioned my dad too. I really needed the daily readings for al-anon today....the were a slap in the face for me focus on me and having a good trip!

I hope that everyone here has a blessed weekend and someone please tell my minister that I PROMISE I will be back in church when the summer is over......we're always gone on the weekend and I am feeling really guilty about not going to church.....I know, I know!

Constant
Old 07-11-2003, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Constant! Don't worry about your minister - I'm sure you're not the only one of the flock playing hookey this summer! I hope your visit with your dad will be a happy one - if you haven't seen him in a long while - well, I know you've learned a LOT in that time and will put what you know into practice.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck and have fun this weekend! That's what weekends are supposed to be for!!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((((Constant))))))))

Have a really great time!

Lyn
Old 07-14-2003, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank y'all!

Thanks for all of y'alls well wishes! I had several "pep talks" with myself on the way to dads. I told myself that I was a grown up and that if things weren't good or went bad that I could decided to pack and leave.....simple as that.

Dad was drunk when I arrived, but didn't act like a butt only really weird.....he wanted to shoot pool with the kids so we went down to the "do drop in" and tried to get the table. Everyone in there new him and they were all just like him.....drunk. It was like the movie deliverance (not sure about the spelling). Everyone had bad teeth and appeared to have not bathed in a while. Very sterotypical of back woods southern folks or mountain folks......I know not a very nice thing to say, but I wanted y'all to get the full picture...... they had Kareoke, everyone smoked and they were selling liquor drinks out of paper cups in the back. REAL CLASSY PLACE. We didn't stay long....they wouldn't let the kids shoot pool and some guy thought I was the best looking thing he had ever seen.....that was exactly what he said before he asked if I was married......good grief!

The rest of the weekend improved.....dad was more sober and the kids had a ball swimming and fishing.....I sure am glad to be home though.

It also appears that hubby managed to hold it together with his recovery......yeah!

Constant