Looking for my release

Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Professional Hanger On'er

Unhappy Looking for my release

I am sincerely hoping to rid myself of some of my own depression with this post. Like crying, sometimes, some release is felt with sharing.

I had my son's babies for five weeks. Two weeks into their stay I started getting sick and thought it was stress. Three weeks into their stay I went to the emergency room because I could not eat or keep my fluids up. They rehydrated me, gave me potassium and medicine and I went home feeling better. I was convinced it was stress. Who would not be stressed???

Five weeks into their stay my kids were worried because I was confused and not making sense. I "forgot" to go to work...... I told my 2 1/2 year old grandson to "shutup" when he kept asking "why?" They made me crazy asking me to go to the emergency room, so I went, and I stayed in the hospital for a week. They said I will not be well enough to care for the boys for a month or two.

I missed a court hearng for the babies while in the hospital, my husband and kids decided it was too much for me and they moved the kids, legally, into my older boys homes. My older boys plan to adopt the babies if their parents can't get it together in a year. They are in a good place.

And I miss them. I miss them like there is no tomorrow. My grandson talked to me on the phone and says "Grammy I am HERE, can you get here?"

Getting through the days is hard without them here. How in the world did it come to this in five short weeks. My daughter leaves for college in a month and my husband works afternoons and I am alone a lot because I am supposed to be resting. I am sick with too much time to think. I know going back to being Grandma is best for all right now. I know that.

I miss them, I love them. It is all so hard to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I am eager for the days to pass so I can get used to this again.

Thanks for letting me release some of this.

Wen
Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. I have been through this. It turned out well for me and my grandbabies. I hope the same fr you.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by wenchris View Post
I am sincerely hoping to rid myself of some of my own depression with this post. Like crying, sometimes, some release is felt with sharing.

I had my son's babies for five weeks. Two weeks into their stay I started getting sick and thought it was stress. Three weeks into their stay I went to the emergency room because I could not eat or keep my fluids up. They rehydrated me, gave me potassium and medicine and I went home feeling better. I was convinced it was stress. Who would not be stressed???

Five weeks into their stay my kids were worried because I was confused and not making sense. I "forgot" to go to work...... I told my 2 1/2 year old grandson to "shutup" when he kept asking "why?" They made me crazy asking me to go to the emergency room, so I went, and I stayed in the hospital for a week. They said I will not be well enough to care for the boys for a month or two.

I missed a court hearng for the babies while in the hospital, my husband and kids decided it was too much for me and they moved the kids, legally, into my older boys homes. My older boys plan to adopt the babies if their parents can't get it together in a year. They are in a good place.

And I miss them. I miss them like there is no tomorrow. My grandson talked to me on the phone and says "Grammy I am HERE, can you get here?"

Getting through the days is hard without them here. How in the world did it come to this in five short weeks. My daughter leaves for college in a month and my husband works afternoons and I am alone a lot because I am supposed to be resting. I am sick with too much time to think. I know going back to being Grandma is best for all right now. I know that.

I miss them, I love them. It is all so hard to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I am eager for the days to pass so I can get used to this again.

Thanks for letting me release some of this.

Wen
I'm sorry your going through this. Are you okay physically?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Professional Hanger On'er

I am doing exactly as I should be. I was angry because I did not believe the doctors when they said a month or two of recovery but I have conceded. I have the strength and stamina of a dead toad but I can accomplish something small every day, folding laundry today, watered flowers yesterday. It is only hard because I shake with effort and that is frustrating. Not normal for me. Thank you for asking.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((wenchris))

Oh my gracious - what a painful experience and how heartbreaking it must have been. Please dear, do take good care of you, you are special and do deserve the tender self-care the drs have ordered.

I can relate to missing grandbabies - I know there are times when I miss mine so much it physically hurts. I pray that taking a little break for your self-care will have you in a place physically where you will be able to see them soon.

Also praying that your HP will help you pass this healing time with pleasant thoughts and positive energy surrounding you.

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 07-14-2008, 11:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Please be kind to yourself. It sounds as if your grandchildren are in a good place and once your feeling better you will have lots of time for them. A healthy grandmother is what everyone wants, take care of you. Prayers and hugs.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry you are going through this...how frightening it must have been for you and all those who love you. Those little ones are wrapped around your heartstrings and the distance won't change that. Take good care of yourself and regain your strength so you can be down on the floor playing with those angels again soon.

Healing thoughts and prayers. Thank you again for stepping in and caring for the little ones when their parents couldn't.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

wenchris,
Hope you're feeling better today.

So, as I understand this, as you recover and feel better, and gain more strength, you get to have them back, again?

If, that is in fact the case, then try taking one day at a time, and building up your strength, and try to view it as just a short term separation before you're with them again.

For some unknown reason, your H.P. wanted you to take a short rest.

Hope you're okay, and you heal up fast!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

I'm so sorry Wenchris. I hope you are feeling better soon. I know
how you feel about the grandkids and it's so hard to let them go.

Sending you prayers and Gramma hugs......
Old 07-15-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Smile

Your post was such a heartbreaker, wencris. What a loving woman you must be.

Is there anyway, that while your resting and gaining your strength back, you could go spend time, being the 'gran resting on the couch', round where they are living - of course while there is someone else there to do the things they need done for them.

I find just being around people that we love, makes us feel better. Especially kids. Just tell them not to ask you for anything, and sit there soaking in their energy. Sure would take some of the heartache away.