Called it quits with ABF! Now - he's sorry.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Called it quits with ABF! Now - he's sorry.

Hello all! I posted a thread a few weeks ago - Out of the frying pan in to the fire... about knowing this wasn't the relationship for me.. yada yada...

Basically, I went over Thursday evening and my twins were being a bit more unrulely than usual. I got on to them and put them in time out and then put them at the table to eat dinner. One was still being very ugly to me and so the ABF took him in to the room to try and calm him down and talk to him. My son must have snatched away from him ... Well - He came out and told ME that he was DONE.. I got my stuff, my kids and I left without looking back. He sent me a text asking if 'this was over'... I replied with an email.. outlining that we had issues well beyond our kids. That I"ve slept on the couch more in the 3 months we've been together than I ever did while married.. Anyway... he showed up at a party I was at Sat and wanted to talk and apolagize to me for what he did... that 'He tested me'... and I passed??? WTF...?? I feel bad, but still feel like this is the best thing for me and the boys. :codiepolice
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Test? Why are you being tested. That's what my A says to me. I've tried to test you so I know what I have is good. That's b&*&^&T. Either you're good enough, or you aren't. I don't know you, but hey, you have feel your own worth. Just looking at you, I see someone who has all the options in the world. Anyway, don't ever let anyone test you.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yeah...they always like to say they were 'testing' you when you act in a way they didn't expect. LOL! I don't know about you, but I finished being tested many, many years ago when I finished school! The absurdity of it is just hilarious! Good for you calling it quits. Hang in there!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There ain't no one out there who has the right to "test" me and tell me I passed. What a crock!

I think you are wise to end the relationship now rather than later.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh he was testing you alright, testing to see if you would put up with his crap.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The only test I submit my heart to are the one's God presents me with, not those contrived by somebody's pitiful twisted ego.

In my world today, even just hearing those words from a lover and supposed partner would be a red flag for emotional abuse, which is non-negotiable. Non-negotiable, or dealbreaker, means, to me, ending it cleanly, and then no further explaining, defending, no responding to texts, no sending emails.

You are doing very well to catch yourself so early on.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hadenoughnow View Post
Oh he was testing you alright, testing to see if you would put up with his crap.
Hadenough, you are so right about this. This is one test I would never want to pass!

L
Old 07-14-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

First thing that came to my mind too what hadenough pointed out!

Wish when I was with mine and he said that to me (Mine said it to me too)
I wish I ran right away like you!

Boy so true when we say "If I knew then what I know now" however things
are different because when in recovery we become more AWARE! What a gift!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today.. his myspace page says this...

Life is like a jar of jalepenos... your actions today - may come back to burn your a** tomorrow!

Priceless.

No man tests me! My kids may test me.. my job may test me... I may test myself. But no lover or significant other will ever test me!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ayers1995 View Post
No man tests me! My kids may test me.. my job may test me... I may test myself. But no lover or significant other will ever test me!
Amen!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

allelujah!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)