Acceptance and Willingness (SESH July 14)

Old 07-14-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Acceptance and Willingness (SESH July 14)

This is today's reading from Nar-Anon's book Sharing Experience, Strength & Hope.

I am learning in Nar-Anon that before I can make changes that are best for me, I have to accept the reality of my situation. Then I need the willingness to make the changes that would be in my best interest. My feelings of fear, rejection, upheaval, and embarrassment can only stand in the way of my recovery if I am willing to let them. By accepting my power and my limits, where I was and who I am today, I am then able to open the door to positive change. My acceptance and willingness are the keys to my recovery.

When I was finally willing to accept that I was powerless over the addict and could not change him, I was ready to make a decision. I no longer wanted to live with active addiction. I accepted the fact that I had to move because the addict refused to leave. I became willing to give up my apartment and take the necessary steps needed to change my life for the better. I saved my money, made my plans and found a new apartment.

With the help of my Higher Power, the Nar-Anon Program, these rooms, and the support of the fellowship, I found the courage I needed. I am still willing to pray for my addicted loved one and hope that he can find the acceptance and willingness to begin his own journey of recovery.

Thought for Today:The Gifts of the program - peace, freedom and serenity - are mine today because I was willing to put my well-being first. My recovery is worth taking the necessary steps.

"The most dependable quality in the universe is that of change. A willingness to change eliminates the word failure from our vocabulary."~Tom Crum