Notices

Sunday morning up with the larks...

Old 07-12-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Sunday morning up with the larks...

Think I'll take a walk in the park...hey, hey, hey it's a beautiful day...

Back 24 hours in time (morning after last drunk after a few non-drinking days)...woke up, wanted to vomit, had best friend and family coming to visit and alternated between thinking she would cancel (because she hated me!) and almost wishing she would even though I love to see her. Had painkillers for hangover. Blah, blah

Today...Have had 4 hours sleep as was up finishing crime novel after going to housewarming and woke at sober-wake-up time of 6am feeling great. Made myself a lovely cheese and chives omelette and pot of tea and sat planning day. Realised one dog still had fleas after treatment, so brain (working very smoothly when not fogged up...think gained about 20 IQ points!) clicked that there are fleas in carpet. Washed dog and added carpet treatment to shopping list. No worries! Laptop/internet connection played up and instead of screaming in frustration, decided to set up PC (dismantled for renovations) in another room. Easy-peasy...

Realise I sound like Pollyanna (that annoying girl who found the best in everything)! But this is me OFF anti-depressants!!!

Off to sing in park...
PupMum
Old 07-12-2008, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
getting there

That's awesome Pupmum! I have this theory that us chronic relapsers could actually take over the world if we could just stay sober...

Hope you're still having a great day.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job Pup!!! I am hanging on by a thread right now. Very close to giving in, but promised tommyk that I would post here first. I think I am going to go take a long hot bath.................
Old 07-12-2008, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Buttercup, keep hanging...
I dream of having a long hot bath...the one thing my home does not have...keep having showers to wash that urge right out of my hair
Old 07-12-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Colagirl involved in taking over the world??

Lord help us all........

keep singing Pupmum.....you're doing great. Funny how all those little things take on way less importance and are so much more less annoying than they once were.......
Old 07-12-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It was nice to read this Pupmum! If the weather there is anything like here in Auckland-it's a gorgeous day to be out!(especially after the horrendous rain we've had recently)I took my retriever to the park here earlier too.He had a blast(this means-getting muddy-rolling in stuff he shouldn't and generally running away from me rather than towards me lol) while I enjoyed the sunshine and just being outdoors.It's good for the soul and i love seeing my dog happy.He gives me so much joy.

I'm glad you're enjoying it sober too!It's a good day to not be hungover huh?! I'm happy for you.

Jules
Old 07-12-2008, 11:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Was waiting for someone to turn up to pick something up and also putting up smoke alarms which came with dodgy batteries and climbing ladders which I hate, and got frustrated and grumpy and started thinking why drink would be good.

But then just left item outside, sent guy a text to tell him where to leave money (this is furniture selling on trademe - not drugs!) and dogs and I had hour and half walk along river. Now going to get onion soup started and then sit down with latest Janet Evanovich book while soup turns into something fabulous. While should probably be saving money and getting wine debt off credit card, am being extravagent on treats and anything I think will help me stay sober as still (generally!) less than $30-40 per day I was spending on alcohol (and obviously much better for me!) Today's was book and a couple of animated DVDs (the reef and racing stripes). I am still stunned at how little I spend at supermarket if I don't buy wine!!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Way to go, PupMum!! I too am saving lots of money by not buying wine. Of course, being broke is a built in deterrent to drinking as I CAN'T buy any!

Keep it up PupMum! You're doing great!. Let's stay sober together!!

:ghug3