Notices

Hey everyone...New guy here

Old 07-12-2008, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Hey everyone...New guy here

Well, I won't give specifics and eetails in this post. I'll save those for later. I will say that I'm not sure where to start on here. I feel my main problem{s} are anger and depression. I may have an issue with alcohol, although I rarely drink.
I feel complete hatred with myself and feel like I have let most everyone down. I often fly off the handle and yell and throw things. This has been ongoing for close to ten years nows. It has cost me a marriage and almost, my children. Now, it's alomost cost me another relationship. I'm sick of feeling like this and making others feel like this too.
This would be the first message board I have ever joined. I normally shy away from internet chatter. But, I am willing to find help where I can. Like I said, I'll write about specifics later.
I would love for someone to show me the best place to start posting and talking. Thank you in advance.
-A
Old 07-12-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
getting there

Welcome fallennation! There are lots of different forums here so just take a look around on the main page and start reading posts to see where you will find the most help. I know there is a depression forum and lots of people here deal with anger.

You're welcome to post anywhere and I bet you will get lots of good advice!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!
Old 07-12-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
contemplating

Red face Hi Fallen

I am new to SR as well, and I already love it! Its nice to read about others struggles/success in an anonymous way. I dont know if you have tried this...but have you considered seeing a therapist? Many specialize in anger issues....it might help to find out what the feelings are behind your anger in order to find positive ways to express it. Often its not really anger but something else...possibly your view of yourself. I suggest this since I myself have benefited from therapy....however I am just recently beginning to deal with my addictive tendencies.....

hope this helps....your not alone
Old 07-12-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you.

Thanx. I am actually really positive about using the boards. I'm sure you'll see me around. Again. Thank you for all the kind words.
-A