Notices

more mortal since i quit?

Old 07-12-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

more mortal since i quit?

since you've quit drinking and/or using do you feal more mortal?

i ask because before, especially when i was drunk, i thought i could defy death. i'd do some dangerous shenanigans when i was drunk!
the thing is now i've realized that someday i will die for sure and that's ok. it's kinda inevitable i guess. but it scares me. am i paranoid about this or am i just living life on lifes terms? sometimes i even have fantasys of how i'll check out (heart attack; in my sleep; terrible virus; stuff like that).
so really my question is is this normal?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
vodkakid

hi im having lots of thoughts about sucial fae i came off the drink 36 days ago scary shite
Old 07-12-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi Aldo,

I 'tempted' death alot when I was drunk. We feel little fear under the influence. I used to say when I got drunk I became 'ten foot tall and bulletproof'.

And yes, I have curious thoughts about death now in sobriety. Probably as a result of I have no idea how/why I am still alive after all of the drunken escapades that should have killed me?

Congrats on your sobriety.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi Tommy,
that's a relief. i thought i was going crazy! i'm so happy i'm not the only one who's worrying about this then.

Originally Posted by tommyk View Post
Probably as a result of I have no idea how/why I am still alive after all of the drunken escapades that should have killed me?
that must be it: why are we still alive when we should/could have died so many times.
my mom says that god has a plan for all of us and someday everything will just all fall into place and i'll then understand my purpous in life.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

We each have an important purpose in life now, as a result of being clean/sober.

We lead a meaningful life now, as an example that a clean/sober lifestyle can be achieved.

I find myself spending more & more time toward carrying the message in some fashion, by example, by sharing, through my music.

Giving back is a noble purpose for each of our lives - you are very important now.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It has been a powerful message to me, that I am still here.

I was lost, so lost and searching for meaning and the fact that I am here, when I could have died, tells me everything I need to know.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey aldo! Just my 2 cents but sometimes we must make a purpose for our lives.

For me I found volunteering to be very rewarding...I started working a soup kitchen and found a new passion if you will. Eventually my volunteering led me to a career change, I now work with the elderly and find it incredible rewarding.

My life had meaning before I quit drinking, now I can enjoy it more.