is it all in my head

Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

is it all in my head

i would like 2 start by saying thanks 4 listening,41 male, married 3 children one of them pro footballer in prem,nice house,nice car,money in my pocket.lossed the lot,as i said be4 only of the drink 1 month a couple of days ago,first time i ever had 2 go of it , pints during the day carry out back 2 the house 4 when i woke up and then i could'nt wait for the weekend. right now i dont blame my wife r children 4 wanting nothing 2 do with me when i think about it i was a joke. my wife drinks volka she would buy a bottle at the weekend i would love 2 c it commin ,when i would waken from my drunkin sleep{could have been 12 at night r 4 in the morning}i would pour half of it in 2 pint glass and fill it up with water the bottle that is,it might not soud like much but it was great 4 me this was how i got 2 that stage were u cant even think stright,do u know the one i am talking about,this sort of thing has been goning on right up till i went of it,thought i was the big boy look who is laughing now ,not me,the reason i started the way i did is because 4 the first time since i went off it my wife text me 2 c how i am donin i no not 2 read 2 much in 2 it,the problem now is guilt, and all i can think about is just 2 go in 2 the bar 4 a couple ,but then again i cant have a couple ,its all duck r no dinner with me,:wtf2
Old 07-11-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya Nochance,
Sounds like you're in a tough time.
You may want to post this over at The Alcoholism Forum. Many there have been in your shoes and can offer you Experience, Strength & Hope.

I am a person with many alcoholics in my life (father, brothers, extended family) and all I ever want to say to alcoholics is "Please go to AA and get into recovery!" My Dad did it after a 25 year drinking career - and transformed his life and was able to enjoy all the joy and love in life that he had "drowned out" for so many years....my brothers continue to drink and lead that small, painful, lonely life...

I hope you can get healthy and be there for you family some day!
Prayers---

Courage!
B.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

bernadette thanks for that,i think ur the first person to have listened 2 my thoughts
Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

nochance,

Sounds like you have lost a lot. Do you have a plan of action so that you can get things changed?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((NoChance))

praying you find the help and support you need to walk a path to a better life that is Happy, Joyous and Free.

(oh and by the way - I have learned that there is always a chance, my friend - it may be a little one - but as long as we are breathing there is always a chance.)

Peace to you,
Rita