Notices

Worked up- is it worth it?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Worked up- is it worth it?

Had a disagreement with work over ammount of pay that I am receiving for coaching in the afternoons.(as in they have not paid me for the coaching sessions in the afternoon down at pre-prep for the whole year!)

My initial reaction was unbridled rage and the strong urge to drink. I was so angry that I was shaking. Realised that this was not a good attitude as it could be a misunderstanding or my own skewed perception of the situation. I calmed down- chain-smoked 3 cigarettes- and addressed the situation in a calm manner with the deputy head. He said some mumbo-jumbo about how I was on a higher basic salary than my peers which is why I was not receiving cash for my extra coaching in the afternoons, despite the fact that I had been led to believe that I would be receiving extra cash for the coaching and even filled out coaching claim forms throughout the year.

This is a problem of communication and we are currently sorting out the situation. It is not really about the money but the deception that angers me so. I have decided to step back from the situation and let it go. Was seriously considering drinking last night but "played the movie through to the end" which really helped as it ended with me having a meeting with the deputy this morning, breathing alcohol over him and telling him to get stuffed because I am worth more than what they pay me and I DESERVE the extra cash. I thank God that through AA and a good network of friends thatI did not have to experience this! I would have called you but I was already meeting with an AA friend from the monday step meeting and we considered this predicament in a sane, sober way. I also had dinner with a gorgeous girl (also AA member!) and discussed the matter.

Another problem is my history of ineptitude and inefficiency at work when I was drinking heavily which they bring up whenever I have a valid grievance- not that there are many or an besides a couple this year. Realise that I can consider this an amend for all thetimes that I did notperform according to expectations when drinking. Therefore I have decided to let the matter rest and just thank God that I still have a job.

It is not worth getting worked up about such matters and endangering my sobriety. That is foremost in my life. Let them take anything from me except the freedom of my sobriety!

DAY 5 AND STILL ALIVE!

:ghug
Old 07-11-2008, 12:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing....excellent example of your progress.

Next time...get all your duties and pay in writing.
Documented and signed by boss.
Saved me a lot of aggravation along the way.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Well done, T! We learn to navigate our way as we go along - for me I always felt a big ind ignant that people weren't read y to move on IMMEdIATELY when I was!

You're d oing so good ! Keep posting, keep sharing - and d on't d rink even if your a$$ falls off - I never got it, but I get it now - just d on't d rink no matter what!

Cathy31
x