Notices

Inner thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Inner thread

We can all relate to each other when things get tough. This is no easy thing to kick.
Thought I would start a new thread where people can share what they are doing to get and stay sober. Sense of humor is appreciated!

No matter what your means to sobriety is, I believe there is an inner thread to tap into in order to pull you out of drinking/ using insanity!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shees jeeps~
I think the IRS would make me drink (so would crabs, for that matter). Good job for being so tough!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thats funny Jeep...holy moly...IRS yikes that makes me what a shot of Jack...LOL

Well I really should not be posting on this thread, as only a short time sober...its a day to day thing right now.......

But for me its staying away from friends who only what to hang in bars and drink all day (not just friends..I love to hang in bars J.B.H.)
For me if I stay home I am good to go....I guess I am a social drinker. Love to be around poeple and drink all night...In there lies the problem. Drunk Dave on the lose LOL
Whats really hard right now is, its boating season in AZ...boating n booze is a summer deal here in HOT HOT AZ....
Oh well this is a fun thread right?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I never thought I'd be able to carry on a normal conversation let alone enjoy being clean.........(I was wrong)
I do lots of stuff now - and even little things I find enjoyable. and I LAUGH a lot. I haven't laughed in a long time. I think that's what I like most.
my next venture is to find some friends. Besides all you guys. 'cause you're all stuck in my computer. don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to pull you all out - but I think that breaks some law or something........

so I won't. sure glad you're here though. even if you are stuck in cyber world.
what was the topic again??
Old 07-08-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No AA

this I used to have that social bar thing, but now have the inside thing
i survived the 4th weekend by not going out and not having beer in
and also by coming and posting at least once every day thru the weekend
glad it's over
my bad spot coming home from work is this one drive thru
if i can get to thinking of something else or turn my head, i'm ok
(Lord knows what i'll do if the traffic stops in front of it!!)
and also when i first get in my car and start coming over the bypass if i get to stinkin'thinkin' then i'm sunk, so i try to get something to think about other than......
that's all i'm doing so far
great thread!!!! i'm always looking for ideas on this subject--something that someone else does that's trivial to them might be a big help to me!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I've been using God and AA to continue my fantastic sober life.
This can be true for you as well....
Old 07-08-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am going to try to mow my yard today. It's so bad it looks more like a meadow than a yard. But it will keep me busy for a couple hours. And it needs to be mowed so will look better when I'm done, and that will be my reward.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I kept and still keep a glass of cold water with me. It isn't beer but it keeps the bending the elbow motion there which seems to appease my small brain LOL
Linda
Old 07-08-2008, 06:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi,

Let see, I go to AA five times a week sometimes more if I feel I need it, I work with my Sponsor, I pray every morning and night, and read the 24 hours a Day Book and other devotionals (three in the morning, 2 at night), I give people rides to AA meetings who can't drive for whatever reason, I come early and leave late at AA meetings so I can share and help other Alcoholics, I read the Big Book when its slow at work, I post on this website, I help people from Church who are old and can't do things for themselves, I run 4 miles every other day, I do service work at my AA meetings (i.e. coffee, set up, Chairing meetings) and I have three people that I met here who I correspond with regularly.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I keep thinking about that "no more" thread that was going about a week ago (all the things you don't have to deal with once sober). My "no more" list is growing every day!
Want to keep it positive and light, so I am thinking of all the things I do when sober:

eat regularly
shave my legs (yikes)
clean the cat box (more yikes)
pay the bills (")
wash the dishes
go do my laundry
return my library materials on time (so I don't have to keep begging the librarians to reduce my fines to allow me to check out more materials)
leave the house
enjoy the outside world
find a positive thread
drive down the coast
do daring things to challenge myself
(lately, just been sitting here, staring at the kitchen floor---life o' the party)

Thx all for sharing!