Thank you everyone!!

Old 07-05-2008, 03:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone!!

Aloha from Maui,
I just want to send our my sincere thank you for all of your support that you have given me over the past several months. We were grateful to get our story out and blessed to be a part of intervention. Im sure many of you watched the show.. And I am proud to say My husband Dan is doing so well. He returned from treatment on May 2nd. We were ofcourse nervous and it did take some time to adjust the the huge change of Alcohol not controlling the entire space!! We are a happy family and love watching our daughter blossom. Everything takes time and I do prey that we continue to learn and grow on our own and as a loving family. Sometimes you come to a place within yourself that speaks so loudly..Nothing can damper that voice.. no one can erase the true voice that speaks inside of you!! We can continue to lie to ourselves about the life we think we are living.. Or we can wake up and live the life we truly want because we deserve it.. It took me time and I am so grateful I can still stare back at my same husband..the one who I traveled to hell and back with.. it would not have happened it he had not gotten sober.. Life would look very different now.. So grateful I am beyond a thousand thank yous.. Ava is grateful to have both parents getting healthier so she can grow into a beautiful strong women.. Thanks again everyone!! Dan celebrated his 6th month of sobriety on the 21st. bye for now
Old 07-05-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Aloha! And this is wonderful news-Glad things are looking up
for you and your family! Many positive thoughts coming your way
Old 07-05-2008, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there
I am sooooo happy to hear that Dan is doing well and staying sober. A sober life is a better life. You, Dan and his family have been through a lot that most of us can't imagine. You are such a beautiful family (and Ava is a little doll).

I can't really say that I enjoyed watching the program. I can't really say that I ever "enjoy" watching Intervention. But I always learn something. I always see something of importance that I can use in my own life or something that I can relate to. It must have been very hard to put yourselves in the spotlight and let everyone into a very private part of your lives. But I hope you know that I can't possibly be the only one that watches Intervention who learns something.....gains understanding. Thank you for sharing your story. It took a great deal of courage to expose yourselves.....particularly Dan. He's a strong man and I could see how very much he loves you and your sweet daughter.

Congrats to Dan on his 6th months of sobriety! And best wishes for a bright (and sober)future!

gentle hugs