A few technical questions about this site

Old 07-02-2008, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A few technical questions about this site

Why does it still show me logged in at the bottom of the page (current members viewing, etc.) when I've logged out?

Why can't I post a "thank you"? I'll hit the button and the quick reply box comes up.

When I go to post, I'll hit submit, and it tells me I have to log in (already logged in). Does it time out and I'm just taking too long to type?

After I read a post, I'll hit the back button or the link to go back to message page, and I'm no longer logged in?

And here I thought I was pretty good at this computer thing! I've looked for the answers in the links and couldn't find them. They're probably right in front of me!!

Thank You!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think I remember something about not having certain "priviledges" like maybe the thankyou button? until you've had a certain number of posts. Also, when you log in, check the "remember me on this computer" box (something like that) and then everytime you get on this site you will be automatically logged in. And do you know what your "refresh" button looks like? You can hit that (an arrow up and an arrow down, somewhere at the top of this page) and it shows updated posts and responses.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Ju Ju Welcome to SR Glad that you found us!

Peace pretty much hit the nail on the head!

Newbies after a certain amount of posts get more priviledges (Number of posts ?) I guess
I should find that out!

I do not keep myself under the "Remember me" on this computer cause it is work
however my home one I do and it will log me right in. If you are on for awhile without
activity the system will log you out yes.... (I.E. typing a post....) I try to copy and paste a post if I end up doing something else and know the system will log me out..

Again Welcome!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by juju View Post
...When I go to post, I'll hit submit, and it tells me I have to log in (already logged in). Does it time out and I'm just taking too long to type?

After I read a post, I'll hit the back button or the link to go back to message page, and I'm no longer logged in? ...
Uggghhh! This would always happen to me too! i was so glad when I disccovered that ''Remember me'' button next to my name! When I use my mum's computer I would always lose my post, it was frustrating!!

lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juju View Post
Why does it still show me logged in at the bottom of the page (current members viewing, etc.) when I've logged out?

Why can't I post a "thank you"? I'll hit the button and the quick reply box comes up.

When I go to post, I'll hit submit, and it tells me I have to log in (already logged in). Does it time out and I'm just taking too long to type?

After I read a post, I'll hit the back button or the link to go back to message page, and I'm no longer logged in?

And here I thought I was pretty good at this computer thing! I've looked for the answers in the links and couldn't find them. They're probably right in front of me!!

Thank You!
I think you have to have 15 posts to have the "thank you" and some of the extras. If you take too long to compose, it will boot you. You might consider composing via a regular word processing program, cutting and pasting into the message box, or copying your text after you compose, if you're logged out, you can just paste it back into the message box. Hth.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Very helpful, thank you!! I don't want to do the Remember Me, this isn't a private computer.

But I do remember reading something about having to have 15 posts for certain things. Didn't make the connection though.

I also cleared my cookies, and (so far) it hasn't kicked me out as I move from screen to screen.

I like the idea of writing in WP first; I type and retype and add and edit and "oh forgot this" and "oh gotta add that" waaayyy too much!

Thanks, everyone! This is such a great place. God help you all once I figure out chatting!!! LOL!

Juju