''Take what you will and leave the rest''

Old 07-02-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

''Take what you will and leave the rest''

Hi everyone,

I really feel that with all the talk about disrespecting one another, talking harshly, using terminology that may not be agreed on etc etc raised in another thread, that we really all need to keep this motto at the forefront of our mind each time we log on and begin reading posts.

As a large group of people with different personalities, background, mannerisms etc we are bound to disagree, as I say in another thread, this is human!!!

Guidance is supplied by SR to help avoid this very misunderstanding that is being discussed, we all have access to it and IMHO should be familiar with...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ting-tips.html

i would like to quote from posting tips...

''Remember that it's hard to interpret the meaning of posts correctly when all you have is the written word without voice tones and facial expressions. If something offends you it's a good idea to give yourself 30 minutes to calm down before replying.''

Smilies are used by posters to help convey the meaning of the text they type, and hopefully not to hide harshness behind a mask of nicety. I hope we continue to move forward as a group and support one another in our journies toward recovery - whatever that may mean for each of us.

Blessings and serenity
Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-26-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I will be bumping some older stickie posts so we don't lose them from our search feature. It might be a little cluttered until you post on the normal threads.