Thank you for all prayers!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you for all prayers!

Thank you everyone for your prayers. The surgery went well (from what I've been told). No pain yet - the block is still effective and I can't feel my leg. It's like carrying around a log. I'm on the couch for three days with it elevated. My mom is helping me out a ton which I am deeply appreciative of. Yesterday, after the sedation had been started but before they wheeled me to the OR - I asked her to hold my hand and to kiss me. Wow! Turned into her little girl all over again. Definitely wanted my mama. I'm lucky to have her. 51 years old and still asking my mama for kisses!

I appreciate the prayers and plan to spend the next few weeks taking care of myself and then the rest of my 2 months off enjoying!

Thanks again - Donna
Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update and continued prayers for a pain-free healing (or at least manageable). Isn't it nice to have a mother so that we can be children sometimes. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-01-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rest easy LS - continued prays for a speedy recovery.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad it went well and hope you feel better soon.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keeping my prayers up for a speeedy and relatively pain free recovery. I guess you won't be doing the marathon with me this year, huh ?

Glad your mom is there and you can be pamered a bit. Thanks so much for checking in; you've been in my thoughts
Old 07-02-2008, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad the surgery went well and that your mom is there for you.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-02-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Donna..... so glad the surgery went well! Yes.... you are so fortunate to have the support from your mom.... I'm sure your mom was really glad to be giving it to you as well!

Heres to you for a speedy recovery so you can get on with those 2 months sooner than later and can enjoy as much time as possible pool side

((((HUGS))))
Old 07-02-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm having an owwww-wweeeee day today. The initial block worn off yesterday morning but my OnQ local pain pump took over until today. I think that they needed to do it for another few days because this is hurting like a mother! I have it elevated, on ice, and taking 2 pain pills every 4 hours. Maybe I need a bullet to bite on. The pain pills are making me itch and sleepy but I sure am glad that I have them. I have a splint up to my knee - wasn't expecting to way laid like I have been. Guess that I should have suspected something if my doctor was telling me that I am off work for 2 months. Starting to make a little more sense to me!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Donna
Old 07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awwww, pain pills make me restless and itchy too although they do help with the pain, just not the "rest".

I hope you get to feeling a little better day after day. Surgery sucks except the part where they put you under....waking up stinks too.

I too am glad you mama was there with you. We certainly never stop needing our moms. I had a trauma last year and that's the first thing I told my husband, "call Mama!"

Check in as often as you can. I hope you get some sleep tonight!
Thank you for all you do Donna!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks Mrs. M.....I think that I am in my right mind (ha! does that ever really occur?) when I am typing under the spell of these pain meds but know that I really am not. So if any of you read anything that sounds off kilter that I type - please let me know. I just can't stay away from SR and it always makes my fingers want to type.