Notices

This 4th of July....

Old 07-01-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

This 4th of July....

Celebrate your own independence from the grips of alcohol / drug addiction and use.

Speaking only for myself, my decision to be clean & sober, and successfully following through with that decision is one of my most proud accomplishments.

Independence....!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hannitized

I like that....a lot!

Thanks, tommyk!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Good idea! I went to a street fair this past weekend, and I had a great time just enjoying all the sights and sounds. There was lots and lots of alcohol, but I didn't mind. I just didn't want someone to spill thier beer on me...then I would have been pissed.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm with you!

Heavy
Old 07-01-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good idea ......

Keep coming back and thanks for the advise.....
Old 07-05-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
What an eye-opener!

Originally Posted by tommyk View Post
Celebrate your own independence from the grips of alcohol / drug addiction and use.

Speaking only for myself, my decision to be clean & sober, and successfully following through with that decision is one of my most proud accomplishments.

Independence....!
It did feel good spending my 4th of July sober. It's been about 5 years ago that I spent one sober and that was because I was pregnant. I can't wait to spend many more occasions this way.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I haven't had a "drunken fourth" in many, many years...but, I do miss those fireworks, which I haven't been able to see in the past four years...something I thoroughly enjoyed.

It's amazing how little we need to make us happy, if we just set our minds to it. Since I've been in a nursing home for the past year and a half, I'm learning how to really make the best of things.

At 9:00 pm last night I sat in the courtyard with 20 or so other residents (those who managed to stay awake until then), eating red, white, and blue ice pops, listening to patriotic music on a cd, watching lots of sparklers the nurses and aides were nice enough to set in the ground and light up for us. Not the grand fireworks displays I remember...but, it is what it is...and, I have to be grateful for the little things.

I hope all of you were able to enjoy the Fourth of July...a sober one...free from the bondage of alcohol/drugs.