Notices

opinions, luck,friends needed

Old 06-28-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

Unhappy opinions, luck,friends needed

hello everyone,I think I've come to a decision i've finally set a date to stop drinking:wtf2 i'm still surprised!!! I never actually commited to a day before.Although I think I've picked the worst one for me or maybe it's the best one not really sure.I picked monday that day i will be traveling out of town to take my dog to the vet because no one in my town knows whats wrong with him.He is a beautiful min pin 6 years old he's my boy!

I sure im going to be really stressed out and completely terrified of what they are going to find and what the outcome will be.I've never felt love like this before in my life=) And now it might be taken away and i will be the one to make the choice to put him down or not i've never taken a life before.
So that is why i picked a bad day, but also a good day because if i can get through monday with out drinking i think that would be a good platform to jump from. And maybe i'll realize i really can do this.

If Anybody has any words of wisdom or opinions or just a plain hi. i hear you would be great!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me ramble on
Old 06-28-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!

It's my experience, that there never is a perfect day for stopping drinking. I could always find some reason to put it off. So, I think it's great you've set a day. I wonder though, why not tonight, why not right now?

It's great that you'll be sober when you're taking care of your sick dog!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

I'm sorry about your dog. I hope you can make this work. It seems like a very difficult time for you. How bad are your withdrawls? Do you have someone who can be with you?

Life will be so much better. Hang in there.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Setting pre-planned dates never worked for me--just my experience. Sorry to hear about your dog--I know that my pets aren't just pets, but are considered as family members. My question=What if the other vet has some "bad" news--what then? Will that still be your sobriety date? Just curious? :ghug2
Old 06-28-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am sorry to hear about your dog.
I hope all goes well.
good luck on your day.
I agree with Anna tho.
There really is no perfect day.
Sometimes you just gotta do it.
I am pullin for you. And your dog.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SilentEyes View Post
So that is why i picked a bad day, but also a good day because if i can get through monday with out drinking i think that would be a good platform to jump from. And maybe i'll realize i really can do this.

If Anybody has any words of wisdom or opinions or just a plain hi. i hear you would be great!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me ramble on
I think most of us didn't plan a date, it just reached that point where we'd had enough. For me, I never had a problem handling the crises in my life, it was always when things were going well that the little voice pops up and tells me "it's okay" Good Luck! Sorry to hear about your dog.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
broken wings

Thanks for getting back so quickly,51 anna i've had a few drinks today so i figure if i give myself another day hopefully i can pull it off. Angelina, i've never set a date before i always said i don't want to stop ,now i realize i actually want to it's weird in a good way i guess but i see your point im really good at procrastinating I f the vet has bad news that will still be my date but what a zinger it's gonna be. i want to think i can do this i just hope since im on my side now i can make it work,it's been a long time coming but im finally here!!!!!!! Log cabin im not sure how they are gonna be (withdrawls) i've sweat and got the shakes but i was still drinking at the time so im not sure how its gonna go.

Thanks to everyone for your help much appreciated I wish you all lots of happiness,healthiness and love( trampoline style)
Old 06-28-2008, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

How do you plan to get thru the first few days
of de toxing from alcohol?
Have you had an honest talk with your doctor
about your drinking patterns?

Prayers that both you and your pet
find a way to be healthier.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
broken wings

Carol id honestley i haven't been to a doctor in almost 7 years it's crazy i didn't realize that til now, honestly i guess i was hoping i could get lucky and maybe it won't be too bad, my god that sounds horrible!!!! Thanks for caring about my puppy he's gonna need all the thoughts and prayers he can get maybe i should think this through better???????
Old 06-28-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

So sorry to here about your pooch. Perhaps now may be a good time to have a talk with him about what may be in his future. You know he needs to hear it from you before y'all go to the doctor's office. I think also that he would appreciate some extra ice cream for dessert as well. Some Hagen Das Vanilla Bean might do the trick. Just to put a little extra spin in his tail you know.

Prayers of healing grace for you as you start your journey and your "boy" as he goes to the doctor...
Old 06-28-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
broken wings

thanks daddio muchly needed and appreciated
Old 06-28-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
i want to think i can do this i just hope since im on my side now i can make it work
Awesome statement! I hope you can, too. I never went through alcohol w/d. I was a binge drinker on the weekends was all...albeit in high volume. You can get into real trouble, though. Read more of the posts and see what others have been through. Many seem to have a close connection with a doctor through this.

I hope your dog turns out fine, too. You can say I have a serious soft spot for the beasties. I keep over 20 of various species and worry about them all. Best of luck on both fronts!!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I don't want to discourge you from quitting
but please read this link for info and some of our experiences

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Note that not one of us had the same symptoms
because of so many variables it's not possible
to give a guess how ill you might be.

Be both sober and safe...

Last edited by CarolD; 06-28-2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-28-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

SilentEyes,

You know that it's normal to be really scared at the point where you are. So don't feel you're alone in that. Do talk to your dr and then begin your sober life. Your dog will appreciate it and you'll find peace in your life.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
broken wings

see the problem is i dont have doctor (im absolutely terrified) i havent even gone for like the yearly things women should go for plus i have no insurance=( I've already spent $500 on my dog this month and mondays trip is going to cost me well over $1000 I suppose if im not going to put a price on my dogs life i shouldn't put one on mine right???????????
Old 06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi SilentEyes - congratulations on your decision to quit. I wish I'd had the courage and sense to do it at your age - all the pain & grief I would've saved myself. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you go to the vet. I feel like you do about my dogs (English Mastiff & Yellow Lab). They are one of the reasons I wanted to get well, so I could be more responsible and give them the life they deserve. Please let us know what goes on with you - glad you found SR. Love, Joanie
Old 06-29-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

see the problem is i dont have doctor (im absolutely terrified) i havent even gone for like the yearly things women should go for plus i have no insurance=( I've already spent $500 on my dog this month and mondays trip is going to cost me well over $1000 I suppose if im not going to put a price on my dogs life i shouldn't put one on mine right???????????
hi
i am so sorry your situation is grim just now. Things do get better and will. You are so loving youself moving ahead and getting things together for you [and your dog!]. i hope you keep going and things work out well. Please do read the link CarolD posted on safe detoxing but i am sure you have already. Sorry about your dog, he is a friend too, of course. All the best for you and yours.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

"I think I've come to a decision i've finally set a date to stop drinking..."

I commend you on your realization that you have a problem and you intend to address that problem.

But, please don't take offense, my ears are pretty much closed to what people 'intend' to do about their problems 'next week', as they sit feeding their problems while they mention their 'plans'.

Do something about the problem down NOW and you will be days ahead of schedule when the planned date comes.

Regardless of what I think though - best wishes in success with your situation.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I will keep you and your little dog in my thoughts and prayers.:praying:ghug
Old 06-29-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Sending some homemade peanut butter dog treats through cyberpace.
Hugs to you and my boys send lots of licks to your dog.
:ghug3