He's in a motel

Old 06-28-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

He's in a motel

Well he was on the phone and I knew something didn't sound right. He is staying at a motel because he got kicked out of our old place. I am at mom's but i can't believe I had to call the front desk and ask for him in order to find all this out! I am shocked because he lies and to cover it he said he didn't want me to go into labor from being upset. I am so pissed. He laughed and said he would have told me eventually. He leaves work Monday to come meet me and figure out living places for us and the baby, I just don't understand why he wouldn't tell me. i hope he doesn't do anything stupid...and yes I know I have no control over him but it still pisses me off that if I have to work something out with him, this will always be in the back of my mind.

Any advice?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My advice to you is let him be - you take care of yourself and your baby. The miracle of childbirth is a great thing. Don't let him take that away from you because you'll only go through it 1x with this child. Enjoy the moment and let him do what he will do anyway. You don't need the added stress right now. Focus on you and your precious baby. If he does come to his senses and get the help he needs he'll have missed out on one of the greatest miracles that he would have ever experienced.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Callie has offered you great advice. Also, there is another member who had a baby last month and you might want to find some of her threads leading up to the delivery (her screen name is FUNKZTER). Try and suspend time and let everything else fall away except for your focus on your and your baby. My favorite job and favorite experiences have evolved around being a mother. It is a wonderful journey and it becomes the center of your universe. I am sorry that addiction has hijacked your man. I'm sure that addiction has robbed you of a lot like it has robbed all of us. Please do not let it rob you of your joy during this time. You don't want him there if he is f*cked up. Do you have some friends or family that are lined up to be your support person? I tell you one place that you would find instant support and love is at a Naranon/Alanon meeting. The codie in all of us would swoop you up and love you good!

Keep posting here at least - we understand and are hear for you and your little one.

Hugs
Old 06-30-2008, 03:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

great advice up there. focus on you and your miracle, sounds like you are in a safe place for now and with him you may not be...