What do I like about myself?

Old 07-09-2003, 03:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

What do I like about myself?

Okay, let's do it! Let's list what we like about ourselves. I'll start with at least 5 things that I like about me.

1. I like the way I look.

2. I like my friendliness.

3. I like my appreciation of nature.

4. I like the fact that I take time to nuture myself.

5. I like the fact that I am learning to stand up for myself. (COURAGE)

I hope you will join in with me to put down what you really like about yourself. Loving ourselves is KEY. Because God loves us, we can love ourselves, too.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

hhhmmmmmm

This is going to be difficult...

1. I like it that I have the courage to soldier on

2. I like the way the new permanent makeup I had done makes my eyes look

3. I like it that I have a big heart even when it hurts

4. I like my desire to help others ( I am a family advocate on a semi-professional level)

5. I like it that I have a plan for the future

Ok maybe that wasnt so bad... <grins>
Old 07-09-2003, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here it goes:

1) I like that I am patient

2) I like that I am organized.

3) I like my looks.

4) I love being a mother.

5) I like that I am self diciplined.

Funny how the list of don't likes are much easier to come up with than the list of likes. Thanks for the thread still learning....I needed that!

Constant
Old 07-09-2003, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

This will be difficult- haven't done the 4th step yet !

1. Care so much about others

2. Love to laugh

3. I look a little younger then my "real" age

5. That I am finding peace within myself after so many yrs.

Thanks Still learning for a thoughtful post
Hugs
liddy
Old 07-09-2003, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I like...

That I love animals. That I love other people. My hair. My sense of color. My sense of humor. My writing style. My feet. That I am 5' 9''... that's perfect. My honesty. My caution. The fact that I dress how I like and don't care if people stare at me at the super america. That plants like me. That I can laugh when the electricity gets cut off. That I have to fight off laughter sometimes at somber occasions. That I am reliable. That I am realistic. That my skin turns black where silver jewelry touches it if I eat tomatoes. That I can sing. That I can dance. That I can tell a joke. That I will take small risks for fun. That there is a limit to what I will risk. That I have a favorite flower. That I have learned to like birds. That I named my first 5 grey hairs. That I can read three languages. That I know how to change the fan belts, plugs, alternator, sensors, thermostat and radiator hoses in my car. That I take commitments seriously. That I ignore people who tell me what to do. That I wear big jewelry. That I don't wear makeup. That I have never regretted quitting piano lessons, though I was warned that I would regret it sorely one day. Ditto the violin. That I can lift heavy things. That I don't feel the need to lift heavy things if there's someone bigger than me around to do it. That I can sense when I am becoming obnoxious.

That I can duck really quick right after I say .... Y'ALL NEED PRACTICE!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love the fact that:

•I am a good mother
•I’m a loving, caring person
•I respect myself and never compromise my principles
•I have a wacky sense of humor
•I’m a hard worker and good provider for my family
•I can have a good time no matter what the circumstances are
•I love to laugh
•I have friends that truly care about me
•I find good in all people
•I’m easy-going
•I can laugh at myself when I screw up (I laugh a lot!)
•I’m not afraid of getting dirty, spiders, snakes or mice!
•I’m not materialistic and am a low maintenance woman
•The fact that I sing off key and don’t care
•I’m passionate about my beliefs
Old 07-09-2003, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

WOW! Thanks still learning...I need this today. I started crying reading the other ones. Think maybe we should all spend more time thinking about what we like about ourselves. OK, here I go.

I love being a mother, and a pretty good one at that. I like that I take commitment seriously. I am true and faithful. I like that I can make plants grow. I like that I have the ability to fix most things by myself. I have redone the interiors of most every house i have lived in. I have left every job I have had a little better and a left a touch of me behind. I like that I can laugh. I like that I have such a good realtionship with my parents...especially my mom. I love that I am honest to a fault. I like that I care about other people. I like the fact that I can look at my past with wisdom...not regret. I like that I can be happy being alone. I like that I can be silly and laugh at myself. I like that my silliness sometimes embarasses my son...what are moms for? I like my long legs. I like that I have dreams and never let go of them. I like that I am a hopeless romantic. I like the fact I am crazy about holidays and sharing this love with my son. I like that I am truely grateful for what I have and thank GOD on a regular basis. I like that I can take responsibility for my own choices....good and bad ones. I like that I can sit here and smile when thining about myself.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cool!

I like:

My looks. That I'm organized. That I'm a good mother. I can sing & dance. I'm a good writer. I'm a good seamstress. I'm good at crocheting, knitting, flower arranging, embroidery, cross stitch and just about any other craft. I'm a good decorator. That I was able to replace all my dead plants with silk ones without it bothering me. You can't be perfect at everything, right? I like that I've risen above my background. That I'm a Christian. That my self-image is better. That I'm stronger, mentally.

Lyn
Old 07-09-2003, 09:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I like:

That I still have a sense of humor, that my grandkids call me the "goofy" grandma, that I can answer about half the questions on Jeopardy, that I am a good cook, that my gray hair doesn't bother me (mostly because it looks more like blondish highlights!), that I have a decorating "touch" and people feel very comfortable in my home, that I love animals and they love me (I even have a squirrel that comes to my house and brings her babies and they will all eat out of my hand), that I can appreciate the beauty of nature even in bad times and the wisdom to find and use this site!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Wow! What incredible people we are! Thanks for sharing. It certainly makes me feel good today hearing from all of you. WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, INCREDIBLE! We've got a good thread going, let's add to it.

6. I'm an artist and an art teacher. My students enjoy coming to class to create and to discover their talents.

7. I like to write, too.

8. I love organizing - my home, my life.

9. I enjoy who I am. I enjoy being a mother, a daughter, a sister.

10. I like cooking with my friends. I have a cooking group. We do potlucks and this past year we cooked together - putting together great meals. We think we're gourmet cooks!

Let's continue to add to our list. It's certainly an "upper".
WOW!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great Post!

1. I like that I am faithful, loyal, trustworthy.

2. I like the way I write for myself and others.

3. I like the relationship I have with my children. Priceless, and hard won.

4. I like how I look and my red hair. ( when I was a girl I use to pray for it to become brown like all the other girls.)

5. I like that I am down to earth, easy-going, likeable.

6. I like that I don't wear makup, or nail polish, or fancy clothes. (natural girl).

7. I like that I am organized and able to keep all the balls spinning.

8. I like the fact that I can't spell.

9. I like my health, just like me very dependable, never sick.

10. I like my expressive face - think I love Lucy faces - that I make without knowing it.

11. I like my mind, always working and able to figgure out almost anything (except math).

12. I like my ability to see the valuable, precious parts of most people (a blind spot when it comes to my husband)

13. I like the fact that I can end this list on number 13!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Okay I am up to the challenge...

I like that I am over 50 and can blame my mood swings on menopause, and that for a middle age broad I still am in pretty good shape with small hips and big eyes.

I like that I can laugh until I cry, even when it's not THAT funny

I like that God gave me a big heart and an open mind. I just need to get the two to agree more.

I like the way I sing, especially when I am driving the car, even though everyone else plugs their ears and grit their teeth.

I like that I am an avid gardener and can create beauty where only weeds used to exist.

I like that I attract cats. Not just my own, but every cat in the neighbourhood. Cats just know a good thing when they see it.

I like that I can still touch my toes without bending my knees - I'm not sure why that is important....but I like it.

I like that I am healthy, because I love life and enjoy each day.

I like my red hair...just like Rose LOL...because as a child I hated it and today pay big bucks to "restore" it to it's "natural" colour.

I like that I can get myself out of even the worst jam - and then see the funny side when it is over.

I like my name "Ann", because my mother almost named me Madaina after her favourite cousin.

And I like how good I feel coming here and sharing every day.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My sense of humour. My blue eyes. My cooking. My love of reading. That I'm a good listener and a loyal friend. My bravery for walking over a suspension even though I'm terrified of heights. My sense of empathy. My love of nature and animals. That I'm not afraid to ask for help when I need it. That I can do an 8-cylinder tune-up, oil change, and fix a flat tire without help. My pool game. That my nephews and nieces think I'm the best auntie in the whole world. That strangers like to talk to me. My love of learning new things. That I can feel comfortable in any age-group. That I have great organization skills (when I chose to use them!). That I always try to do a job to the best of my ability.

Last edited by margo; 07-09-2003 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
believer

Ok, here goes. I like...

my coke bottle figure and the fact that I work out hard at the gym most days of the week to stay healthy and in shape.

my love of books and the fact that I don't have nearly enough bookshelves to keep all the books that I own.

that I'm a female with a job dominated by men that I am very very good at.

that I'm still a tomboy and would rather drive a gas-guzzling SUV or sports car than be caught dead in a minivan.

that I can be just as girly when I choose and that I have a drawer full of stuff from Victoria Secret that I regularly wear just for me.

being addicted to ice cream, caramel, potato chips, and tart candy.

my love of singing, even though I would never make it past the first round of American Idol.

being a loving, caring, and considerate wife, sister, daughter, and stepmother.

spending time by myself, even if the rest of the world thinks I'm hiding out.

And I love the fact that I was able to come up with a list of things that I like about myself.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

okie Dokie here goes... I like..

1. I am 100% all girl

2. That I am a mother of 6 ( one is heavens little angel)

3. I am a survivor

4. I can check my own oil, change the oil, fix a flat, give it a tune up all my by myself...I just drive down to Jiffy lube and or call roadside assistance. hehehe Remember I said I was all girl.

5. my sense of humor

6. my greenish blue eyes

7. being a caring sensitive supportive loving wife, sister and daughter ( despite the fact that i would love to wack all of the above with a frying pan at any giving moment if they tick me off )

8. that I am a stickler for neatness. ( my boys LOVE that...believe it and I have property in florida for you. ) hehehe

9. That I am blonde by choice

10. that I can run laps around my 18 year old

11. Lastly that I believe in god and I trust in him fully dispite everything I have been through and can wake up and smile because with him on my side there is nothing I can not do.

Hugs and Love
C
Old 07-09-2003, 03:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Paused

Here I go:

I love my beautiful blue eyes that glisten (people think I wear fake blue contacts)

I have a wonderful sense of humor and enjoy making people laugh with my silly stories that I act out.

I like to watch my male neighbors shake their head when they see me mowing the lawn - asking themselves "how in the world did her husband get so lucky!

I truly enjoy being around "old" people (80+) they are wonderful teachers

I like that I am a wonderful and loving mother
I like my looks
I like my ability to be open and upfront with people.
I like the fact that I can manage money very well
I like that I am a very independent woman
I am organized

I like that I was able to find a place in my soul to allow stepson to move to CA to get control of his life and offer him a chance of living a decent life.

I like that I have so many friends on this site!

Glenda
Old 07-09-2003, 03:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

Ohhh, this is a lovely thread, I want to play-ok let's see..

I love my curls specifically the one in the middle of my forehead (little girl with a curl...) even though they are obnoxious

I love that I am daily becoming more confident in myself

I love that I am a girly-girl

I love that I can still look good driving my 1972 corvette even though I am a girly-girl

I love my intelligence and the things that I write

I love that people easily trust me

I love that I am honest and loyal

I love my cooking even though I am told it is occasionally weird

I love that my eyes change colors

I love my small size

I love my obsession with the written word

I love that I am a geek :p (I crochet, read and sew at 17)

I love the way I feel accepted when I am on this site

Love you all

--Ångel
Old 07-09-2003, 04:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Paused

Okay..here goes

I like the confidence I have in myself...I lost it for awhile
I like that my grown kids still value my opinion and trust me
I like the special bond I have with my first granddaughter
I like the wisdom that sometimes pops into my head and wonder where the heck did that come from....guess we all know where

I like the little things, too:
I like that I still look young for my age...47 and look 28
I like that I never had to worry about a diet...still 100lbs
I like that I enjoy tole painting and teach it
I like my creative side and appreciate the talent given to me

Wow, that was the first time for me!

Always,
Linda
Old 07-09-2003, 05:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Things that I like about myself:

1. I am doing a great job raising two beautiful girls

2. I am really good at my job. I am a pediatric Physical THerapist and I really love going to work every day.

3. I have made my front yard look absoluetely beautiful with all the flowers I have planted over past few years.

4. I love to read

5. That I am really quite a geek and enjoy being one (but I don't really look like one).

6. I'm proud of the fact that I quit smoking - gained 15 pounds and lost them all since December.

7. I can run a 9 1/2 minute mile

8. I am a great friend

9. My neck and face turn bright red and I have a really difficult time speaking to more than 2 people at a time

10. I read Harry Potter to my 8 year old for at least 1/2 hour every day.

11. Most important - that I am supporting my husband's recovery and I now have the man that I fell in love with back in my life.

That felt gooooood!!!

NoDoubt
Old 07-09-2003, 06:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

ok I'm gonna try

I like that I can ride and train horses, pretty good I might add

I like my long legs, I'm 5'7 with 36" legs

I like that guys think my husband is lucky cause of the things I'll do with him

I really love being a tomboy

I like the fact that I can adapt to what needs to be, roll in the mud if called for, or dress to the 9's for a black tie affair.

I love the fact that I drive a Ford F-350 one ton, 4x4, diesel pick up truck with 4 doors and people wonder how I park it

I love being a country girl

I like the fact that I can handle and shoot a gun

Basically I guess I should say I just like the fact that I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4 wheel drive and a country girl CAN SURVIVE!!!!