Notices

can't get away

Old 06-25-2008, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

can't get away

so here i go again i wish i could just be rid of this all!!!!!!!!!!!I didn't really think there was an issue until my therapist suggested to me that im self destructing at a rapid rate.i was taken aback by it and of couse did not want to hear it.So now i'm considering the possibility there could be a problem and its driving me insane.i can't seem to convince myself to even try to quit.I know i deserve better and that im worth it i just wish that was enough alot of things should have been enough (DUI and a crashed car,Concussions and a canvas of bruises.why do i have to be so stubborn i know alot of it has to do with the alcohol i would like to think im stronger than that but i guess maybe im not.i just need to set a time period like some of you mentioned and not drink if im not successful then at least there is a starting point i suppose.I just wish i.......i just dont know anymore=(thanks to all who listen=)

"I dont want to be a dying dreamer who accompanies herself into oblivion"
-Brett Butler-
Old 06-25-2008, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow, thank you for the powerful sharing.

Keep posting, everything can change for the best at anytime, as everything always does change.

I especially like the quotation at the end of your post, thats a wonderful quote with a thread of hope. gues i still need to see hopealso, today, although i believe for us all hope is always present. ( i see the "I dont want" as being hope, and a seed of action to no longer be the dying dreamer. Wow, though, powerful quotation. gawsh. )

PS: absouletly a solid suggestion, of quitting for a period of time. I would suggest that if you cant (like i couldnt) that you take more definate action to find an active face to face support program. AA and NA are WORKING! in my life. You can recover also,
Old 06-25-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to our recovery forum silent-eyes.
I can sense your desperation and your coming to terms that alcohol may infact be a problem for you.
There are alot of great people here to give you support and or advice. So please keep posting.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I suggest you have an honest talk with your doctor
as to what is the best way to de tox from alcohol.
That way you can be both sober and safe.

Do keep posting...we understand.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

SilentEyes,

I think you are expressing frustration that most of us have experienced.

Talk to your dr, set a time period for staying sober, and we'll be here to give you lots of support.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome. I'm very glad that you found us.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Silent Eyes,

WELCOME!! Your honesty runs true in your post! I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, some of us just need to gather more data in order to make a well informed decision!

John
Old 06-26-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Silent - I'm sorry for you trouble and pain. Stick around there is help for you here.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi and Welcome

I knew I had issues with drinking. One time I was walking out of a county jail because of a DUI. And I said to myself " If jail is not rock bottom, then what is?" I did drink that same day.

I did stop drinking because my health was a mess. And I think today, why was I even waiting for a rock bottom anyway. I knew that I drank to excess and that was not normal.

My life today is wonderful and I do not miss drinking at all. Wish I would not have wasted so much of my life drinking. But my life means more to me today because of my past. So, the negitive in my life turned out to be a blessing.