OT: trusting your instincts!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: trusting your instincts!

YEP...... that is RIGHT!!!!! Following what you KNOW to be the truth in your heart AND your gut!!!!!!! IS THE TRUTH!!!!

Parents..... you'll understand what I mean especially!!

Long story short..... my 9 year old nearly 10 year old has had problems in school... mainly report card issues.... not at all behavior issues. Anyway.... he was SO close to retention in 4th grade this year. And so I took him to Sylvan to be assessed..... because I KNEW in my HEART of HEARTS just how flipping intelligent and amazing he really IS! And YEP... he is a SUPPPAAAAAAAA STAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!

He scored ABOVE grade level in the California State Assessment..... actually.... the high end of 5th grade! I can NOT wait to take this to the principal and his 4th grade teacher!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!! And here they thought I was just a mother in denial!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm so ecstatic and glowing right now! I went to the Vacation Bible School and lifted him up and swung him around with the tightest hug and told him how stinking proud I am of him......... AS I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN!!!!!!!!

No teacher..... NO principal......... NO ONE will tell ME...... just WHO and WHAT my child is! I KNOW my son..... and I will be forever his BIGGEST advocate!!!!!!! I know his strengths and his weaknesses..... and just because he does not fit into the standard box of what kids SHOULD BE...... he is WHO HE IS....... and he is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

MAN.......... I am SOOOOOOOOOOO STINKING PROUD!!!!!!!!!!

Not just of him, but also I am proud of me..... for not giving in to disbelieving what I KNEW to be the TRUTH!

Now... he is going to learn via Sylvan how to apply the knowledge and work the system to his advantage! That is going to be hard, because he is truly not a conformist. Which to be honest, it's what makes him the radical kid that he is!

PFFFFFFFFFT....... the teacher can criticize me for the meditation trip and pulling him out of school for Hawaii all she flipping wants......... but do NOT criticize my son and put him in a box that he does not belong!!!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Woot WOot!!!!!! Anvil just gave thanks to one of my posts! YAAAAAAAY!!! As if today couldn't have gotten any better!!!!!!! hee hee

Just seeing that makes me feel as though I AM working my way in recovery!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU Anvil !!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hahaha Anvil!

I was talking about the post in regards to the ODing on Oxy! You gave thanks.... and that is what I was talking about. (just didn't want to post the above in said thread)

SR has been such a tool in my recovery ... and any kudos I get showing that I am moving along... and making progress.... means a ton to me! Especially from YOU!!!!! Remember that foot of yours is most likely going to be a permanent fixture up my arse!!!!! hahahahaa!

6 months ago..... it's like I knew what needed to be done, but doing it was a whole nuther story! And I came here and vented and vented and expressed and I learned SO much! I was given the encouragement, even as painful as it was to detach..... it truly was the best thing to do...... not only speaking, but believing the words and acting on the words.... "i have no control over what you do"...... is EMPOWERING! Just like saying and believing.... what it is that I want for myself... is EMPOWERING ...... it's brilliance in the making!!!! And it's "OKAY" to love from a distance..... and to separate myself from someone in active addiction.... I can only own what it is that I want in my life!

Thanks for the kind words about being a mother! I DO feel as though I have done good.... I feel ON TOP OF THE WORLD! WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Let It Begin With ME

Thumbs up

Don't you love it when they make us proud like that?! My two both made the honer roll all year. So I know even with all the drama in our life here, they are still okay! Way to trust those mommy instincts!!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

aaaaaaaaw that is AWESOME stop stop!!!!

PS..... glad you are sticking around!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Let It Begin With ME

Thanks Im glad to be here!! Its really done me a lot of good in just a few days!

PS: You all can call me Lori