Notices

What time of day is the worst?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What time of day is the worst?

I want to know what time of day is worse for you guys.
I'm Bipolar II and I usually feel chipper most mornings(I even enjoy getting up early) and optimistic, then I feel crummy, down and down right spacey in the middle of the day/early afternoon and pick up full steam again in the evening. This puzzles me because most of the general population feels like crap in the morning.

what about you all?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

I'm with you, Lucie.
And it's mid afternoon that is my worst time. I perk up later on too.
And early morning is the BEST part of the day! I love it!
Birds chirping; sun rising; morning dew on the grass. What's better than that?

I just posted a thread on nutrition and depression.
You may want to take a look and follow the link in order to take the Nutrition-Behavior Inventory Questionnaire, (NBIQ). It's VERY interesting. I found it because of Soozie's post. And, I'm going to ask my doc for the Functional/Reactive Hypoglycemia test.
Seems there is a link there.

I always knew that diet and exercise were important. Just didn't know all the science behind it.

Shalom!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey guys!
I haven't yet read your thread historyteach, but I'm sure glad that you found a new link.
By conventional Western standards, I am Bi-polar 2. Through holistic tests and studies I have found that I am also severely sugar intolerant (hypoglycemic) and hypothyroid (which includes mood swings in its symptom profiles).

I don't necessarily have any answers, but I know that I feel better when I eat well and regularly---small meals or snacks around 4 hours apart, raw carrots, protein, etc. Also, taking enzymes has helped correct some imbalances.

As far as sleep cycles go, I tend to fit the mold. I feel pretty bad in the mornings, better in afternoons (btw 11 and 3ish), crash in late afternoon, feel better at night. I'm also an insomniac, so I love to hang out btw 11 and 2 or 3.

I study Chinese Medicine and have found something very interesting: they divide the day into a "body clock": every 2 hours represents a certain organ/ meridian. Sometimes we will show signs or symptoms during certain hours corresponding to imbalances in those meridians. More on that later, if anyone is interested.

Good luck!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

because I have BP2 and Chronic Myofascial pain/Fibromyalgia and I'm on the tail end of a Chronic Fatigue Flare it is hard to be sure...
I would have to say around 11 in the morning is my peak time and then around 4 in the afternoon...I tend to crash in the early afternoon and then around 8 in the evening...and then another burst of energy around 11...
I have always been an early bird..and used to love being up at the crack of dawn....
I am pretty sure that if I did not have CMP and FMS, I would be up much earlier, as it is I wake up , feeling like I have been hit by a truck...again..
anyway , interesting thread, thanks , Lucie
Old 06-26-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I like mornings.

and optimistic, then I feel crummy, down and down right spacey in the middle of the day/early afternoon
Im that way too, but if I eat something nutricious it helps alot. I used to call it the 2 oclock blues