Notices

SUBOXONE (Getting ready)

Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

SUBOXONE (Getting ready)

wow..I've read and learned so much from this forum already.I have battled through kidney disease the past 3 years and just received a transplant 2 1/2 months ago. During those 3 years ,i had a quite a few surgeries and was on a lot of pain meds,but now with my surgeries being out of the way (thank you God) I'm having a hard time kicking my percocet addiction.It has become a 3 day a pill a habit (10mgs) and i cant seem to function without them .At least function at a normal level. I read about Suboxone and think it will work for me.I saw my doctor today and he agreed this treatment would work and has prescribed 2mgs of Suboxone 2 x per day.I have a couple of questions (i'm having a little anxiety about taking it) .How will i feel when i first take it? Will i be able to work or drive? does it feel like a pain killer would ? The doctor did recommend i take it at night when i usually reach for a pill. I have also noticed recently that percocets give me energy and keep me a focused and when i'm off the pills though out the day (while i'm at work) i generally feel tired and have a hard time focusing. Which has made me think about taking a percocet before work or anything requiring me to be energetic in order to help me be at my best?! (sad i know) i will not do that,that is why i started seeking help.....Will being on Suboxone help me focus and give me energy as well? I just really don't like where i am going with this percocet addiction and i'm hoping Suboxone can really help me in the short term until i'm ready to kick that as well.
Any help or advice would be soooo appreciated....thanks for sharing
Old 06-24-2008, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good morning 316!!

I'll start by saying that I don't have any advice on suboxone, as I've never taken it, but there are lots of people on this site have, and I'm sure they'll be along to offer their expertise. But I did read your post and wanted to let you know how smart it is that you talked to your doctor and found an option to help you, rather than try it on your own. detox can be dangerous. (I'm coming off pills too, so that part I DO know about) From what I've heard, people swear by this stuff to help so I'm sure you'll get along great. And congrats on the successful surgeries - I can't believe how strong some people are, making it through ordeals like that. You must be so happy to have a new lease on life!! and getting off the pills is one more step in the right direction.

again, I'm sure you'll find lots of help here, and keep posting - can't wait to hear how you get along!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Krista!..I can't wait to get started ( I think)
Old 06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

don't think - just do it hey, I'm like a Nike commercial.....

I think you're doing everything you should be, and you seem to have a plan in place. can't get much better than that. You're going to feel SO much better, and so much more in control. I wasn't sure I could ever get control or a sense of "normalcy" back in my life, but I now know that I can. It's a struggle, but it can be done.

have you taken it yet?? how are you feeling.........