I'm out and happy

Old 06-23-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm out and happy

Hey all. How are you all doing? I have been sneaking in to take a peak most everyday if I can. I have been moving most of the last 2 weeks. Of course the hottest 2 weeks up here in northern CA. But, it's done, I'm exhausted, and I'm so very happy.

I'm in a little rental. It's a happy feel good place! I NEVER thought I'd get here.

AH is still doing what he does. Now he's crying, it's a hard week and will be for the next few weeks, etc. I'm sorry, I sound so callous, but what he's upset about, I think, has very little to do with me and more to do with his world changing when he doesn't want it to - his surroundings, his "look", all of it. Well, I'm not arm candy, window dressing, whatever you want to call it, anymore.

Last week the DVD player he unhooked for me to take was lacking the instruction book. When I pulled out the instruction book, from where I kept it, a blister pack of pills came out with it. It just made me sad for a minute.

I spent my weekend unpacking, friends coming and going - no one had to ask if my AH didn't like them or didn't like them being there, etc. Friends could come, stay, visit, go, eat, drink, etc... It was SOOOOO liberating! It's my space, and my friends are welcome in my space, I am NOT the anti-social one. I am NOT the one that no one likes! My space is alive and feels so good.

I just wanted to say hello, let you know where I was, and just how right my choice is for me. It's true, if you follow your heart and do what you need to do for you, you will FEEL it! I never knew just how much!

Hugs all around!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yea you! What a celebration. The freedom must feel like a huge release - and to feel your life filling with friends that can now feel welcome in your home - wow! Welcome home, huh? I'm sure that your AH is going to be singing the blues. You are an awesome woman and he knows it.

Glad that you are doing well and that you checked in. Keep us posted on how you are doing and how the adjustment to living happy, joyous, and free goes!

Hugs
Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I left this weekend.

For some strange reason I don't feel any better.

There's a part of me that wonders if I did everything I could. Another wonders if God will forgive me for the divorce.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Welcome to the rest of your life...juST as you want it to be.

You sound optimistic about your decision...good for you.

Change can be scary, but only if we let it.
Sounds like you are ready, willing and able for change.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea!!!!!!! Happy for you!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

AWW - CW - I'm so happy for you! I hope to be where you are sometime. I'm a total loser @ support because AH just made one of my worst nightmares come true - he was fired. You have been so helpful to me from day 1 here. I am so happy you've found your way. You've had a long road to get where you are. Keep your strength and believe in yourself. You should be proud!!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Labrador - (((hugs))) I'm sorry you're not feeling good! Keep doing your work on YOU! I know, from almost a year of hard solid work, that I'm where I need and want to be. You will get there too. Sometimes we have to do what we HAVE to do before we do what we need or want to, I realize this, and it can't be easy when that is the case. I have faith that you will find your happiness tho, I really truly do, with or without the A in your life! You do deserve happiness and healthiness. I'm really just discovering what that's like!

Tonite I went to a friends for din and she's only known me living here and with my AH. Another friend of hers stopped by and we were all talking and I think I shocked her. I shocked myself almost, remembering who I was, the fun I used to have, the friends and acceptance of life, change and new things. It was good to remember those things.

Callie. I read about your AH losing his job, etc. I'm sorry for what you're going thru. I hope for you too for this all to come out in a better place for you and your kids. I know the feeling of hanging on to what you've worked for, but without kids - I can't imagine. I send you hugs and prayers that you get to a place where you can find peace and happiness!

Good luck to everyone - this is not an easy road. I'm not going anywhere - that's for sure. I still have so much work to do during this next phase - not sure what's going to come up, but I'm sure it's not over for me in a lot of ways, but now I am definitely free to work on me - and therefore much more accessible to others!

Love and hugs to all!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!

And so HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

You done good missy! I remember back in December/Jan time frame ... in the thick of it all.... and look at how far you have come!
:bounce
Old 06-23-2008, 11:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on how far you have come! It is obvious from your post that you are in a much happier place and I'm sure many good things will come your way.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What a wonderful post about hope for a better future and making the changes needed to move on.

I'm happy for you and can hear the excitement of "new beginnings" in your voice.

The image of Mary Tyler Moore throwing her hat in the air comes to mind

Old 06-24-2008, 03:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow, you are doing GREAT!!!

I'm so glad that you can enjoy your life again.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-24-2008, 04:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That is wonderful for you.

You can just "hear" the excitement in your fingers, as you type about your new beginning.

We'll all be over for coffee later.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

I'm really happy for you! I am out, too, and happy. I won't kid you-it isn't easy. Lots of changes. But they are good changes.

Enjoy YOU!!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
11d

"I spent my weekend unpacking, friends coming and going - no one had to ask if my AH didn't like them or didn't like them being there, etc."

My friends have said that to me soooo many times,....even my mom!

I am so happy for you! You are an inspiration for me. Your decision is one we all face and wonder about. You have inspired me, kept me focused, and helped me keep my chin up! I can remember you saying to me....one foot in front of the other!

Keep posting and letting us know how it is going.

Dianne
Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

YOu sound wonderful and soo happy...Good for you!! May your new home and new life be filled with joy and wonderful surprises every day!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey CW

Didn't want to let this go without sending my good thoughts and hugs for you!

It is so great to hear you are all done moving out and into your new place! I'm sooooo happy for you. It took a long time, but you made it, just like we knew you would!

It's also great to hear that the "old" you (and I mean that in no way relating to age, LOL) is coming back! What a gift that is -- to find yourself again! I hope you smile often and laugh every single day now!!!