Notices

Thanks to you guys, I made it!

Old 06-23-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks to you guys, I made it!

I just want to share that I made it through the weekend. I had dinner plans at a swanky place with some friends. The whole time My wife and her friend were sipping on Mojito's and Gin and Tonics. My buddy was sampling the various beers that our three locations offered..
I decided to think back about everything I have read from you guys. I turned my evening into a sampling of Minneapolis's best Non-alcoholic bevreges.(SP?) I woke up feeling great Saturday morning and rode my bike 35 Miles!

Thank you friends! The temptation was there and it was strong....

Heavy
Old 06-23-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go Heavy! I am proud of you! I have been away a bit recently because we just moved, but I have enjoyed reading your posts - your enthusiasm for sobriety is awesome! And I love your avvie! Here's to many more sober weekends and 35 mile bike rides (dang, Heavy! 35 miles!) Jomey
Old 06-23-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well that's a "passed test" that you should be proud of. I am certainly not ready to put myself in those situations yet, not near strong enough. so glad that you were able to make it through. just be careful not to be exposed to a situation like that if you're not 100% sure you can get through it. You're doing great, and not worth it to mess that up. And at least now you know you can get through it..........

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

That is awesome!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Awesome Heavy! And wow 35 miles! I can hardly do 1

Keep up the great work..rewarding right?!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

and thank you heavy for sharing your sucess. I'm glad for you. i appreciated your sharing about remembering the things read on this site. i've have done remembering and thinking like that and it can be very helpful.

like for example thinking about a post made on this site and not wanting to have to come back the next day and say "i used: day 1)

or another example is thinking about my kids when they were babies, or toddlers, or whatever age and reliving a treasure moment or a difficult lmoment. and becoming conscious of how much they need a good father.

we can do it. and you did just that
Old 06-23-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hannitized

So happy for you~ Way to go! There's nothing like the morning after when you wake up a winner!

(I love that word, "swanky"!)
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You guys are the foundation upon which I am building this sobriety! Everyone pat yourselves on the back (I would If I could reach) Ha...and Thank you for being so supportive!

Heavy
Old 06-23-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's terrific! I would never be able to be around people using pills at this stage of my recovery (80 days). But alcoholism is different in that you are eventually going to see people drinking, I guess. That is one way I don't envy alkies versus us druggies. At least our stuff's illegal so we can avoid it easier. Good going, sounds like you're at a good place in your recovery today!
kj
Old 06-23-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi,

You are a success story!!! Early recovery for me was difficult at times, but with the help of my friends here and AA, I made it...It has been almost a year that I have been sober, but you know what? It is still one day at a time, getting through each day sober...

Keep up the good work..
Old 06-23-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Hey HeavyJ. That is great to hear. You passed the swanky test. Yeah, just wait til you go in a dive though. (((WINK))) It is certainly awesome to wake up without that woozy, hazy, funky, thin wallet feeling. That is a big deal.....

Thanks for letting us know how your weekend went
Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I only wish I could ride 35 miles! Really, my dream is to run in a marathon before I hit 45 years of age, I turn 42 this August. Ugh! Got to get moving.

Congratulations on your first true test. You got an A++++++! Keep up the great work and the inspiring posts. Your friend Horsey!!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great job heavy!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Way to go Heavy!!!!!!!!