Another step forward

Old 06-20-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another step forward

My house has been sold!

Now it still has to go thru the inspection and the buyer still needs to finish gettign their loan done and there is an outside chance the mortgage holder will still be stupid and choose to go ahead with the foreclosure that is set for the second week in July but....

I know God is working in my life and will end this in the best way possible for all concerned.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talking

Way to go! I am so happy for you and please revel in all the good things.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

Woo-hoo! I'm sure all the details will fall into place. I'm so glad you found a buyer!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was beginning to think a sale just wasn't in the cards. This is the last thing I need taken care of to cut the few remaining threads to xAH. Now I can truly begin the rest of my life and he can fully stand on his own and bear the consequences, good and bad, without having me to blame.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

oh Barb, that is wonderful news! Congratulations..finally free..super..
Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is all good news! Wow.....there has been a lot happening to you this week!

I'm happy to hear that things are falling into place. You are well on your way to YOUR life. A new life. A serene life.

Keep us posted because we want to celebrate with you!

hugs
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As soon as I told my sons, my dearest friend and my brother, I had to come share my good news with my SR family. :ghug2
Old 06-21-2008, 03:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Barb,

I truly believe this is HP at work. My house sold in ONE day several years ago, and my realtor said it was unheard of in my neighborhood. HP sent me a woman who had looked at 35 houses all summer and mine was her last look. I then had 10 days to find a new place to live with 4 kids (my two and my two nephews). My daughter (another angel!) found my current house

I had just drained my savings account for that final mortgage payment.

You have been powerfully strong and serene in your recovery, Barb, not setting up any expectations but just putting one foot in front of the other to get to this side. What a pay-off for your self-determination! Your HP wants you to succeed. Congrats, sweetie!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaceteach View Post
You have been powerfully strong and serene in your recovery, Barb, not setting up any expectations but just putting one foot in front of the other to get to this side. What a pay-off for your self-determination! Your HP wants you to succeed. Congrats, sweetie!
I think the biggest factor in my success to date have been developing the ability to truly hand things over to God and to trust that He will take care of what is necessary. Let go, Let God is not jsut a slogan but a way of life for me. One that has shown me time and again that life can include peace and serentity and all manner of positive outcomes. Even when something doesn't seem to be a positive outcome at the time, often I later see that a "negative" outcome led to a greater or deepre postive in me.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats Barbara(((())))you are truly an inspiration. Fantastic news.

Mair xx
Old 06-21-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's great Barb, what a wonderful week for you!
Old 06-21-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

That's fabulous news!
Old 06-21-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

As my 14 y/o would say: "Kick buttocks!"
Old 06-21-2008, 05:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thumbs up My House is sold too............

When I was on the coast helping a contractor clean out the family home my brother and I co-own some ladies came in while I was not there and offered to buy the house as is....now is this HP or not.

I did a contract for three years with them and my lawyer did the paperwork. They are paying $800 a month for three years and will be fixing up the house and doing repairs and then will re-finance at the end of three years and pay a balloon payment at that time.

The house needs a new roof...paint inside...and minor repairs here and there. My brother had made a "drug" house out of it and I had to evict him and other drug users flopped out in the bedrooms. I have never seen anything like the mess he got it into in a three year period when he was drinking and started using drugs again.

The local police were there and also the FBI...some people from a family drug cartel...it was in the paper....were arrested there in Grays Harbor and one of the guys had a car repair shop across the street and down the block from our house. My brother was friends with this guy and the guy was doing money laundrying at his business.

Quite a experience for me. My brother is trying to detox now but haven't heard from him again for about two months now. Guess he will call me when he wants some of his share of the money.

I kept the house from foreclosure by paying the back property taxes and now just owe 2007's taxes and the new owners will do 2008 taxes.

I could never had guessed my brother would do something like this...guess I am too trusting a sister.

kelsh
Old 06-21-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations Barbara 52! You must feel great
Old 06-21-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ahh, your HP, keeping an eye out for you as usual
Wonderful news, B52
Old 06-21-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Let go and Let God is my slogan too! Most of my prayers include some version of "I'm listening" because at this point, I finally figured out I don't know what's best for me all the time!

Enjoy your new found freedom!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
gns

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! In this market that is awesome!:bounce
Old 06-23-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The buyers are getting a real bargain! We agreed to the extremely low price to avoid forecloure. But I'm happy to just get it all over with.