Gave AH a Major Consequence

Old 06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Gave AH a Major Consequence

Well- After doing research and talking with a wonderful Rehab Facility and getting the insurance part of it straight- I approached AH today and told him he either chooses to go to Rehab and get help or our marriage is done. His family is finally understanding of how sick he is and knows he is either going to die from this disease or deal with it. He was of course instantly defensive and said he had things he could not leave- obligations...yada..yada...yada. He has his job- but his boss is a Christian man - they will understand or he will get another job when he returns. 6 weeks- is all. His family has money to help me and our kids while he is gone. We will manage. If he chooses this path- which I pray he will - he has a chance at life . Whether we stay together or not -he needs to do this for the 5 kids and for himself- mostly himself. He has been like this since he was 18- almost 30 years- of anger and drinking and pot. I don't even think he knows who he is anymore which must be a scary thought. I assured him we all love him - want him back from the darkness back into the light. We will be waiting. We will see- keep us in your thoughts- we all meet in the am. He of course tonight is out on our boat - alone- "having a beer". I would like to think he is thinking hard about it as he said he is. I am sticking to my guns- no question. This is no life. Being alone if we split will be no different than being with him-except more peaceful with no cursing - at least the dog smiles at me and loves me 24/7! :prayingWe will see. I am spending the evening with my uplifting spiritual artsy friends at my friend's gallery. I want a normal life- actually at this point- my whole life I have been with alcoholics- my parents- first boyfriend, husband #1, Live in Beau , 2nd Husband- I don't know what normal is - just want an end to this madness. Much Peace!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

(((redheadsusie))):ghug
Old 06-20-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope he takes the opportunity your created for him and embraces it and recovery.