Don't give up!

Old 06-20-2008, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't give up!

I got this as my daily word from Joel Osteen and thought I would share with each of us struggling to get through...

Don’t Give Up

Today's Scripture

“So let’s not get tired of what doing good what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (Galatians 6:9).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

Are you believing God for something? Is it taking longer than you thought or expected? No matter how long you may have been standing, don’t give up! Your season is coming. Your harvest of blessing is on its way. It might be today, it might be tomorrow, it might be next week, next month or next year, but remember, at the right time you will experience your breakthrough. Be encouraged today because God is faithful and His promises are true. Keep standing, keep hoping, keep believing. Keep doing good. Keep declaring the promises of God over your life. Choose to be around people who are going to encourage you and fill your heart and mind with God’s Word. Let a song of praise come out of your mouth. As you continue to press on in faith and keep an attitude of victory, you will see your harvest of blessing and live as an overcomer in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Fill me with Your strength to keep doing good and standing firm until I see my harvest of blessing. Thank You for Your peace in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Something happened when I read Joel Olsteen's message. In my situation I read this as by "not giving up on MYSELF" I will reap the harvest. I am gaining much needed strength from all of you on this website and have begun to see things more clearly now. Thanks to you all for all your stories and for being so supportive. I can honestly say that between this website and from now being on the correct anti-depressant, I am seeing things for what they truly are with my STBXABF and that I have done all I can to "help" him. I feel stronger now, emotionally, than I have in the past 3 years. Although I will always love him dearly, I am ready to make changes so that I can live a happy, productive life for myself instead of trying to "fix" what I cannot fix. I have driven myself nuts throughout this relationship and I truly want the craziness to end. Life is too short to feel unappreciated, disrespected and always put on the "back burner".