Notices

Feeling Wobbly

Old 06-19-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Wobbly

Felt great this morning - now I'm all over the place. I think it was checking my bank account and realizing again that I'm just not earning enough to keep up with our bills... sigh

Anyway - Putting it out there. Hopefuly the craving will pass on my commute home. I'll log in when I get there.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober and Loving It!

I agree. Drinking won't solve anything.

You will end up spending money you don't have and will feel worse and even more stressed in the morning.

Stay strong, sending you TONS of strength. I know how easy it is to turn a blind eye to financial (or any) problem and drink them away temporarily. In the long run, it doesn't buy you anything but more misery.

Hang in there!!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Sobearish - I hear ya. We are almost $300 over our budget this month. I was just thinking about how when we were tight before I had, by coincidence, given up my smoking habit and we concluded it would have doomed us had I continued at that time because cigs had gone up so much. Now we are just "barely" getting by and I have given up my $25 a week (or more) drinking habit. I can't imagine where we would be financially if I was still sucking down the wine like I was. Our Higher Power works in mysterious ways - eh?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I always used to do that SoBearish - panic over money - then drink the little money I had left away anyway - insane

You'll manage - we always do.
Just - don't give in to that insane little voice

D
Old 06-19-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Let us know when you make it home without drinking and we can all have a big cyber party.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SoBearish,
Hoping your craving passed. Hang in there and let us know how you are.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

it's been a long time since I pawned my little television about 4 times for 40 dollars each time. I got thatj same little 12 inch tv. today the pawn shop wouldn't give me a dime for it i don't think!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone - just got home (I know! bitch of a commute) Anyway still feeling depressed but I think I'll be ok.

I just feel so defeated in my career right now. I work in the (now almost non existent) mortgage business and have been trying to get out for so long. I'm grateful to have a job as most of my peers are out of work but business is so bad and getting worse. I apply for new jobs every day but at 37 it's hard to make a career change and still earn enough to keep ahead of the bills.

Anyway enough of my bitchin' - thanks again for your support. I do have a lot of good things in my life to be thankful for. I'll try to think about them instead.

Ha! My cat is being v cute right now... oh wait he just walked away from me...

bast**d

lol
Old 06-19-2008, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cats are like that-LOL

Hang in there.I do understand how this stuff can be a real trigger.I know for me that sometimes sitting around overthinking it all makes it worse.Going for a walk, doing anything active, tends to help.(but no-testing whether you CAN actually swing a cat in your room is not an acceptable activity.....)LOL

You're doing great.

Jules
Old 06-19-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When I think about all the money I've spent on booze over the years, it drives me crazy. I'd have a nice cushion fund sitting in the bank right now. Instead I'm living paycheck to paycheck just like alot of people.

Hang in there....booze will make you feel a little better tonight but you and I know you'll feel that much worse in the morning.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SoBearish,

I'm glad you're dealing with feeling down and know that it will pass.

It sounds like you're taking the steps you can in order to change your career. It's hard to keep putting yourself out there, but the right job will come along.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SB- Glad you made it home safe and sound. Job well done.

Oh wait, what about the cyber party??? 8 28
Old 06-19-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

SoBearish --

Thank you for checking in as soon as you got home. You know by now that we really DO care about you.

It's so hard to deal with the big stuff -- without self medicating. Actually -- for me right now -- it can even be the small stuff! lol

You did well tonight, and you'll be SO much stronger for it!!!! From what i"m reading here on the forums -- the longer we can remain sober, the easier this will get.

Let's hang in there, together, and prove it.