Dealing with Sick Parents

Old 06-18-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dealing with Sick Parents

I am dealing with 2 teminally ill parents and no surprise here that AH is uncaring, unsupportive, stepping up the drinking and the pot and not here for me at all. He promised to cut way back - lasted 2 weeks- drank 2 cases of beer this weekend and smoked mucho weed - he actually went #2 on my hardwood floors Saturday night while laughing out of his mind- and left me to clean it up. A person can only take so much. I have bad thoughts for him and I am ashamed for that. I am sad for me but know I chose this after being warned. I don't know if I can handle my parents, leaving AH , struggling financially - keeping my son in college - keep my 2 dogs. God - what a freakin mess. AH told me today things were gonna get really ugly if I didn't chill and start going with the program. What the hell does that mean? He got so loaded in front of his daughter this weekend- she was wasted too- that I left the situation and asked to get off of out boat as I did not feel well. I am surrendering and waiting for a sign to do something. He told me I would have to leave our house- I would lose our boat- I would have to leave the neighborhood ! I would get nothing. I have always made double what he makes and just started a real estate business and am doing great just waiting for some big commission! He told me I was horrible names. I am ashamed I am with someone so horrible. It makes me feel really bad about myself. I must be terrible too. I cannot talk to my folks as they are dealing with advanced liver and advanced emphysema- Oh - did I mention they are drinking over a gallon of wine a night. God help me!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First, breathe. You do indeed have a whole lot on your plate but youd on't have to deal with everything all the time.

You may want to consult with an attorney to find out just what your rights are and what sort of position you would be in if you did decide to leave. Getting information lets you act from a position of knowledge and power.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Redhead yes breathe deep!

Please know that you are not a horrible person-This is a horrible disease
and very difficult to deal with.

I agree with Barb in speaking to an attorney and get your options together
if you do decide to leave. It sounds as you have done well for yourself so
try not to allow this to get you down. Be proud of what you have done
for YOU....

Not sure if you have gone to Al-Anon or counseling but now maybe a good
time to give that a shot as it will help to vent out some of this chaos going
on with your life. Know that you are not alone and we are here to support you!

Sorry to hear about your parents and will send prayers and positive thoughts
your way!

Know that YOU ARE IMPORTANT! It is not you the reason your AH is being the
way that he is, it is because of his own issues.

Big s to you!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AH husband comes home totally out of his mind! He is now cursing crazy like and is drunk as hell andverbally attacked my sick parents. What a sicko- I need help to get out of this situation.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with Barb and Rella about consulting an attorney. You may also want to have a bag packed as it sounds like he is escalating. Not trying to scare you but want you to be safe. Are your parents in the house with you as well?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What is ONE thing you can do to make YOUR situation better? Just ONE thing. Maybe it is as simple as taking a walk. Maybe it is opening the yellow pages and looking up attorneys and finding the section for family law. A lot of lawyers give an initial consuilt for free or for a very low price. Maybe it would be locating some alanon meetings in your area..you don't have to go just find them in case you decide to go.

A journey of 1000 miles starts with one step. You can do this but not all at once. Prayers for you and :ghug3
Old 06-19-2008, 02:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really would start a plan of action ( maybe secretly) to get him out or you get out. He sounds like a pretty disturbed individual . Don't be a afraid to call police if he gets violent with you. Please, be safe. Sorry about your folks. You need all this AH crap right now like you need a hole in the head! GRRRRRRRRR.