Notices

a little bit paranoid

Old 06-16-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a little bit paranoid

hi, i am a 27 year old mother of a one year old boy. i have been drinking since i was 19 almost everyday. up to about 10-12 a day. i quit for a year while i was pregnant with my son and nursing. i have quit a few times before that but only for a month or two.
the reason i am paranoid is because i have been real stressed out and depressed, i know this is because i have been real ashamed of my alcohol use. my husband would make me feel bad.
ok i have noticed that my eyes are bloodshot, and to me they seem just a little yellow. this scared me. i am paranoid that something is wrong with my liver.
i work out 45 minutes 5 days a week and i eat a real healthy diet. i follow all the dietary guidlines for a healthy woman of my age. i weigh 120 pounds and i feel overall healthy, except the morning after i drink. then i can feel pains under my right chest area. i think thats my liver.
i need some advice because i don't have my doctors appointment until wednesday. i am not drinking anymore and have asked for gods help in handling this, however i need some advice for peace of mind. i cannot keep stressing myself out over it.
oh ya, i am a strict beer drinker. nothing else. well water too and the occasional soda and sunny d.
thank you
Old 06-16-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You'll find that people here won't (shouldn't anyhow) offer medical advice.

But you will find a huge amount of support in your quest to stop drinking.

Cease using alcohol in all forms, even beer.

Keep coming back.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by austin07 View Post
hi, i am a 27 year old mother of a one year old boy. i have been drinking since i was 19 almost everyday. up to about 10-12 a day.
oh ya, i am a strict beer drinker. nothing else. well water too and the occasional soda and sunny d.
thank you

WELCOME!!!

1 beer=1 mixed drink=1 glass of wine. Alcoholic beverages all have roughly the same amount of alcohol in them. There is nothing you can do until you see the Dr. except stop drinking, though you may want to do that under medical supervision. Good Luck!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ok, i am hoping for a peace of mind. a similar experience. i can and have stopped drinking, thats not the problem. the problem is im paranoid about this maybe im in the wrong forum.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hannitized

While I was drinking heavily, I avoided looking into my own eyes in the mirror. I HATED how they looked....dull...lifeless....dead. A few weeks into my NEW lifestyle, a colleague commented that my eyes "sparkled". It was then I was able to look myself in the mirror without cringing. They really did look better.

Good for you for making the doctor's appointment! From what I have learned here, it can be VERY dangerous to stop drinking abruptly.

All the best to you! Please let us know how it goes!

Old 06-16-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR and our newcomers forum.

I responded to your post in the alcoholism section. Once my post posted I saw you are going to see your doctor this week. That is great. I do hope you are able to be honest with him about all your concerns. I would encourage you to write down any questions that come to mind between now and then so you don't walk out of the appointment and remember that you forgot to ask something important. Good luck. I hope you find the help you are seeking.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome Austin glad that you found us! Great that you made a Dr.s appointment that is a step in the right direction!

You can check out the "Alcoholism Forum" and the stickies at the top of the forum- there is a wealth of information there. A lot of support from people in here as well.

Welcome again
Old 06-16-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Just remember, an ambulance is just a phone call away, if you start to feel a lot of pain. Stopping drinking is the best thing you can do at this point. Instead of worrying about your health, start coming up with a plan to get sober for good. good luck.