Thanks!

Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks!

Especially you newer guys here. When you're dealing with this 'stuff'-for lack of a better word, you can sometimes start to believe the others' quacking. Then I read a new person posting, and notice, hey, she said something a lot like that! I've read it, and experienced it, something codies do, start to ignore their gut instincts and question their own good judgement. Don't know about everyone else, but when you share your story it supports me tremendously.

THANK YOU!!!

Everyone
Old 06-13-2008, 03:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This place helps me every day. I always find something (usually a whole lot of somethings) as I read that strikes a chord for me and makes me think about myself, my actions, my issues, my behaviors in a new way.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hear hear sailor John, this place is the best. It's saved me.

Mair
Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I always find things on here that help my journey.....sometimes I see how far I have come by reading posts where people are just starting out, sometimes I see posts that scream out I USED TO BE LIKE THAT!!!......and sometimes I just read and read and read and learn learn learn....

People here GET IT!....know what I mean???.........my gorgoues family and friends who I love very dearly DON'T GET IT!! My sister who truly I am very close to....thinks that if my husband just cut down it would all be fine... :0)....nice idea of course, however living with it we all know it doesn't work like that....she used to say if he just did this.....or if he just did that.....or can't he just drink every other night........or couldn't he just BLAH BLAH BLA BLAH!! or what about if you did this?......or what about if you had his dinner on the table when he came in.............. I however know I didn't cause it, I can't control it and I sure as hell can't cure it!!

I am so glad I have SR!

It keeps me sane.....and I am working hard on myself

Phiz :0):ghug3
Old 06-14-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lovely thread SailorJohn

I honestly whole heartedly believe that had I not found this place I would still be with my ex. The ties are hard to break and I was constantly thinking I have to help him, little realising that I had lost myself doing so.

When I first came here I was told - you can't help him, look after you.... I was thinking "huh? you are all crazy! the whole lot of ya!"

I've been reading newer posts that upset me, they remind me of me, they are full of excuses I used to do. But everyone heals in their own time. I knew I would have eventually given up on the crazy life with ex, I honestly can say though finding this place got me there quicker.

Reading what you have all gone through / are going through really helps me. I have no one in my real world that has dealt with living with an A.

Echoing Johns Thanks!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

This place has helped me more than I can ever say - from the stickies, the reading recommendations to the individual posts themselves. I'm just starting out on my path to recovery and this place is so important for this to me! So, from a Newbie, thank you to all you 'old hands' who give such sound advice (even if it isn't what you want to hear!) and help keep me on the right path!