Just a little about where I have been and where I am going.....

Old 06-13-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a little about where I have been and where I am going.....

Hello everyone!! It has been a while since I have been on this board although there isn't a day that doesn't go by that I think about the stuggles that we all have to deal with. I have decided that I can't continue to let my life go on the down-hill swirl caused by my daughter and her addiction. I have been working on my relationship with my husband and working on building a great relationship with my children and my grandchildren.

As most of you know, having a addict in your life is time consuming - especially when it is a child or young adult. Well, I had let everything my daughter was doing consume me. I let the romance go out of my marriage - I stopped trying to make myself happy --- thinking if she couldn't be happy --- what gives me the right. Well, after almost losing my entire family over my daughter - I have learned to deal with the numbness in a whole different manner.

First of all, in order for me to be happy, I needed to be happy with my life. This meant re-sparking a relationship with my husband. Ok, we have been together 19 years..and..it was or is hard to get us back where we started - the tickle in our tummys...the melting when you see each other ---type of feeling. I am happy to announce - 3 months later - hard work and dedication---we are "THAT" couple --the one who holds hands, the ones who lay their heads on one althoughs lap while watching a movies!! I had a friend who sold Romance Enhancments (aka adult novelties, massage products..etc) - I sat down and talked with her and decided to become my own boss by becoming a consultant. I now sell For Your Pleasure products (ppc-fyp.com) and host parties in peoples homes almost like typerware --just better plastics..LOL. I don't want to sound like I am advertising here - so if anyone is interested in knowing more..please ask!!

Anyhow, the extra money that I earn in my business has taken the stress off of us financially. I can afford daycare for both my grandkids who I finally got custody of, we just bought a new truck and are going on our first REAL beach vacation to Myrtle Beach in July!! ....and..the best part is...I get out of the house - once a week - for GIRL time!!:day4

Anyhow, just wanted to share my story..about...where I have been...and..where i am going!! As far as my daugther..she is living in Baltimore - was clean for 4 months and from what I heard - is getting thrown out of her boyfriends house because he found her drugs.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Trisha,

You sound great!! It must be such an empowering feeling to take control of your life. thank you for updating us on such wonderful progress and recovery!

hugs,
Jewelz

BTW i think i will be Pm'ing to see your site...LOL
Old 06-13-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is good to hear that your looking out for you and putting your life back together. Even having your own business, now that is a good thing. I hope to be as strong as you one day. Best of everything to you and stay positive for you.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is wonderful...it is so great to hear such accomplishments. It gives me great hope...

Thank you
Old 06-13-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Trisha)))

It's so good to hear from you and know that you are doing great!!! You deserve all the good things life is bringing to you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-13-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Trisha, It is great to hear from you and to know that your life is looking so positive. Hold on to your recovery and do whatever it takes not to slip back into that hole. Hugs and prayers for you and yours. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-13-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

It's great to read a post such as yours. Gives me some HOPE for the future....
Old 06-13-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Trisha,
I do think of you every once in a while and wonder how you are doing. That happens with so many that I don't see on here for a while. Anyway, I am glad you checked in with positive news about yourself. Sounds like you are doing well. You go girl!

Your new job sounds like fun. At least it is making you smile and that is a good thing.

Keep us posted and have a wonderful vacation.

Hugs..............Lo
Old 06-13-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Trisha, you sound wonderful and I am so glad you have been able to step back from the chaos and re-join your family once again. I know it's not easy, I know how quickly we get drawn in and how we shut everyone and everything else out..I know.

Thank God for this program that teaches us to look after ourselves and stay healthy. My life is beautiful today also, even though my son still struggles.

Thank you for sharing this light of hope and recovery. Your daughter is in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 06-13-2008, 04:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Trisha -

It's great hearing from you and also knowing that you are doing so absolutely great! I am learning that although there might be areas of my life that are less than perfect I can certainly do something about the rest of it.

You are a shining example!
Old 06-13-2008, 06:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Great hearing the shift of focus, the positivity and the sexuality in your post.

I've spent lots of time figuring out how to best relate to my addict when he is in recovery and when he is not.

Sometimes I get cranky and then take it out on my husband. I will take your lead and shift my focus to building a better relationship with my husband. One that appreciates the fun and intimacy.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Trisha you sound wonderful, and I am so glad you have been able to find happiness again. Thanks for sharing your story!